mx3 GS v6 rear motor mount problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
v4lu3s
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

mx3 GS v6 rear motor mount problem

Post by v4lu3s »

I am helping my buddy put a KL into his 1993 mx3, everything has been smooth except the rear mount. his rear mount was literally in pieces, but every time we try and buy a mount they give us this mount: Image

the mount that came off does not look like that it looks like the one on the right side:

At the dealer, and multiple parts stores we have seen this. Where can I find the correct mount? THeonly option I can see is teh AWR rear mount, but I would love to find something at a local store since my friend is not racing the car.
solo_ryder

Re: mx3 GS v6 rear motor mount problem

Post by solo_ryder »

That is a mx6/626/probe mount (top pic).

You need the mount for a 1.8L v6 k8 from a mx3, even if you are using a KL. AWR sells em so do wreckers and autoparts stores.

Keep trying
v4lu3s

Post by v4lu3s »

I wish autozone, oreillys, advance auto parts, napa and maz max in houston could find the right mount for me. Even the dealer, gullo mazda tried to give me the wrong mount. At maz max we even looked at the parts microfiche and it only showed the wrong mount there.
I am a newb with Mazda's but have worked on hondas and toyotas for over a decade and this is making me nuts since everything else went so smoothly.
Anyone know the part number for the correct mount? that might help me get somewhere at the dealer maybe.
Last edited by v4lu3s on August 2nd, 2010, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I am not sure about that, but what I would do is go to the parts stores and tell em to bring out their whole stock for a 92 mx3 rear mount for a v6 and find hte right one. Something musta got screwed up
v4lu3s

Post by v4lu3s »

anyone ever bought one of these rear mounts aftermarket? i spoke to a different dealer adn they found the mount but it takes a week to get in....
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Do you mean like non-oem mounts? Like beck-arnley or something? I am sure they will be fine. The rear mx3 mount is fail from teh start cause its so dinky. AWR is a good option, even if you are only using hte OEM front mount. The rear takes alot of abuse. 88a rear and stock or filled front would work well.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

I have an OEM rear mount that I can part ways with. It's nice enough to fill too. How much is it worth to you? PM me if you'd like it. (it looks just like the one pictured second on the right; just not filled)

As far as ordering, make sure you're ordering for an MX-3 GS. If you order a KL mount, you're always going to get the one pictured first.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Kind of off topic, but the mount pictured above that people are claiming to be KL probe rear mount is not from a KL Probe. This the rear mount on KL probes

BACK ON TOPIC
To the original poster, the correct part number for the GS rear mount from the dealer is EA03-39-040. From the pic you posted it appears they're giving you the mount for the 1.6L 4cyl which is BR74-39-040. The reason they probably keep getting the wrong part is both are labeled with "39-040B" on their schematics for the 92 MX3 and are only differentiated by a 1800 or 1600 in the notes field on the order sheet where the part numbers are. The retail price is about $69 from the dealer.

https://www.mazdamotorsports.com/wcssto ... 2_1000.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”