Transmission shifting

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
savvy5473
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Transmission shifting

Post by savvy5473 »

Hey all,

When I put my transmission into R, D, or any gear it doesn't go into gear until i give it a little gas and then it will shift into gear and move just fine. I have checked the fluid and it is topped up. I am getting a Hold code of 06 but I am sure that this is because it is detecting that it should be in gear and is getting gas but not moving anywhere. Any ideas??

Thanks
Newfie_dan

Re: Transmission shifting

Post by Newfie_dan »

time for a fluid/filter change and also what is the condition of the atf fluid, it should be bright red, if its not then change that while your at it as well. The reason you are not getting any shifting until the throttle is applied is that there is insufficient pressure to shift the valves in the valve body, once you rev it that brings up the pressure to make it shift. So start with that then we can go from there. I would also highly recommend adding an aftermarker tranny cooler to the car as the fcatory one is pure junk, it will add many years of life to the trans if yours is in good working order.

Return to “Transmissions”