klze swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3 kid
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

klze swap

Post by mx3 kid »

I am swapping the 1.6 in my 94' mx3 for a klze 2.5. having problems finding a wiring harness. any ideas of places i could find one or does anyone have one for sale?? thanks
mx3 kid

Re: klze swap

Post by mx3 kid »

also will the wiring harness from a KLDE work??
Pritchett

Post by Pritchett »

I'm currently pulling the K8 from my parts car for the valuable experience it will give me for when I go to do my KLZE swap.

I could probably take the wiring harness out of it for ya, I have no idea what its worth tho.
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
mx3 kid

Post by mx3 kid »

will the harness off of the k8 work? well think about what you want for it and let me know as soon as you can.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

mx3 kid wrote:will the harness off of the k8 work? well think about what you want for it and let me know as soon as you can.
Yes a k8 harness is your best bet as it is 100% compatible with the ZE with no modification needed. A KLDE harness WILL work but you would need to extend some wires and I wouldnt recommend it for someone who is new to swaps.
Pritchett

Post by Pritchett »

Well I never claimed to be a know it all so your gonna have to bear with me...

I tried pulling the wiring harness off today but I don't really know whats included in the wiring harness...

I mean it was going good and I started at the passenger side...but I ran into a problem really quickly.

There is a cluster of wires that go inside the firewall on the passenger side I don't know if these are to be included. Then theirs the problem of the driver side plus the previous owner has wires added and I even found a bare wire that was joined and not even taped up.

I honestly don't know what I'm doing here and I won't feel right selling something that could be imcomplete or damaged, unless someone can kinda walk me through this I'm probably gonna give up on it. Sorry if I got your hopes up
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

They go to the ecu lol. look under your dash and disconnect that crap and then pull the harness out from the engine bay, the grommit will pop out
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

the bundle going into the passenger side firewall is where the engine harness goes to the computer, in order to get the whole harness you will need to pull the dash but all he really needs is the engine harness as the rest of the wires are pretty much the same inside the car, so all you really need is the engine harness and the computer from that car for him to run the klze. Keep in mind that the k8 ecm does not run the klze properly without a klde vam and a chip to give it the right vris points.
mx3 kid

Post by mx3 kid »

if you just disconnect all of the plugs and disconnect it from the ecu that will be all i need. question for someone:i have the ecu for the klze, will the harness from the k8 plub right in and be good? thanks for everyones help just in desperate need of that harness!
mx3 kid

Post by mx3 kid »

also, as far as my other harness in my dash does anyone see that as a potential problem hooking up to my klze ecu?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

No cause the dash stuff doesn't really go to the ecu, the 3 main plugs are for the engine bay for the most part

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”