No votes
Just Keep Lurking Here
No votes

Total votes: 0

Daninski
Supporting Member

Should Nd4SpdSe Buy Another MX-3

Post by Daninski »

OK, He's on here as often as most and hasn't had his MX-3 for some time now. I feel with his wealth of knowledge and experience he should buy another MX-3 just because. Who knows he might even decide to do a few basic mods. Then when we have a meet he'll feel more at home. Opinions?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Dark_Rider2k3

Re: Should Nd4SpdSe Buy Another MX-3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

I didn't even know he didn't have an MX :shock:

someone get him one!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Are you joking? Is that a question?
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I vote no. Not cause I don't want him too, but his life, like a lot of ours has changed a lot in the last year or so and owning another mx would be like going back in time... Not forward. I think he should try something new and see how it goes. I know he fancies a FD rx7 so maybe that's a good comprimise.

As for a mx3, don't see it happening. If he does get one its gonna either be stock forever or cost a boat load to build up since almost everything was done on his last mx.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

at the price of mxs these days, why not?! I reckon mx3s are in the price crash stage, where thousands get scrapped. Give it a while and they'll become very rare and value will start increasing again.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

As someone who bought a good chunk of his stuff, I doubt he will come back to owning an MX3 anytime soon, but will continue to lurk due to the friends he as here. He has no need for another car atm, and is certainly being kept busy w/ the military and all.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Nah. If I would of gotten another Mx-3, I wouldn't of sold all the parts. I know they're cheap, but I don't need a cheap mode of transportation since I've already got one. The next car will be a toy, literally and it needs to be RWD. The Mx-3 was my first car, and I lucked out to get something as great as it was, but she's just not for me anymore, otherwise, like I said, I wouldn't of sold off all of her parts. Alot of what I had was hard to get to begin with, I could never bring a new Mx-3 into this world with the same quality of what I had before.

I've been wanting an Rx-8 for a while actually but as much as an FD would be nice they're 1) hard to find stock 2) finicky cars to begin with 3) not much newer than my Mx-3 4) expensive for the age of vehicle you're getting 5) I'm not getting a RHD car.

I'm still here because I know these cars, I've got info to offer, ideas that never came into fruition and friends on here too. I also still plan on being active in the club, especially since I plan on sticking in the Mazda camp
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Nah. If I would of gotten another Mx-3, I wouldn't of sold all the parts. I know they're cheap, but I don't need a cheap mode of transportation since I've already got one. The next car will be a toy, literally and it needs to be RWD. The Mx-3 was my first car, and I lucked out to get something as great as it was, but she's just not for me anymore, otherwise, like I said, I wouldn't of sold off all of her parts. Alot of what I had was hard to get to begin with, I could never bring a new Mx-3 into this world with the same quality of what I had before.

I've been wanting an Rx-8 for a while actually but as much as an FD would be nice they're 1) hard to find stock 2) finicky cars to begin with 3) not much newer than my Mx-3 4) expensive for the age of vehicle you're getting 5) I'm not getting a RHD car.

I'm still here because I know these cars, I've got info to offer, ideas that never came into fruition and friends on here too. I also still plan on being active in the club, especially since I plan on sticking in the Mazda camp
So what kinda car are you driving now?

And the RX-8 is definitely a fun toy to have! I want one myself haha.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ya, the Rx-8 is my top pick. I've even gotten some track time on it but was totally sold after being a valet driver for a few months, there's nothing else that feels like it. Unfortunately I've never driven an Rx-7...

Currently own a 2003 Supercharged Nissan Xterra
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

I think I remember you saying that now that I mention it.

And I had that '84 RX-7, but it was in TERRIBLE condition and not worth fixing up :(. Never did drive it...
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I know that you're done with owning MX-3's...but if the quesion is should Mike be an MX-3 owner?...the answe must be yes. Even though I know it's no.

You're a great part of the community Mike. Car or not. I'm glad you stuck around.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

x2 on what wy said!!
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Post by SpatialTerror »

man i know what you mean about wanting to move on and start a new project.
but i would atleast get a good gs with a blown motor or a motor about to die.
do a ze swap to it. and new gaskits and such. just so you got something thats gonna last and get great gas milage. and haul a--
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Ya, the Rx-8 is my top pick. I've even gotten some track time on it but was totally sold after being a valet driver for a few months, there's nothing else that feels like it. Unfortunately I've never driven an Rx-7...

Currently own a 2003 Supercharged Nissan Xterra
Xterra's rock.

This makes me laugh because my best friend has been trying to get me to buy an Xterra, and I'm trying to get him to buy an Mx3.

You have had both XD
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

SpatialTerror wrote:man i know what you mean about wanting to move on and start a new project.
but i would atleast get a good gs with a blown motor or a motor about to die.
do a ze swap to it. and new gaskits and such. just so you got something thats gonna last and get great gas milage. and haul a--
Not really, it's a waste of space and money for a car that I have no need for. Even for fuel efficiency, comparing my truck @ 15mpg to getting a 30mpg car on the side to save fuel, it would take 3 years to break even on a $6000 car if i drove 200km a day....and that's not including insurance or maintenance. I have no need for an Mx-3 regardless.
MrMazda92 wrote: Xterra's rock.

This makes me laugh because my best friend has been trying to get me to buy an Xterra, and I'm trying to get him to buy an Mx3.

You have had both XD
;)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”