NEW PAINT!! DARE TO BE DIFFERENT w/PICS UPDATE!!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
puromx3

NEW PAINT!! DARE TO BE DIFFERENT w/PICS UPDATE!!

Post by puromx3 »

Ive decided to go with desert sage metallic of the lexus for my mx. i was originally gona go for 350z blue but i found other colors. give me comments. the floor is yours
more pics of this color on page 4 and painted mx pics on 6
desert sage metallic mx-3

sti metallic bronze
silver moss 240sx
Last edited by puromx3 on August 10th, 2012, 12:17 pm, edited 11 times in total.
JDM MX-3 KLZE 2.5 W/ HEADERS, SHORT RAM INTAKE, FIDANZA FLYWHEEL, STAGE 3 CLUTCH, SHORT THROW SHIFTER, NOLOGY HOT WIRES, PAINTED AND POLISHED ENGINE, WHITE W/BLUE PEARL PAINT, ENKEI RPF1s 9.5lbs, COILOVERS, B-PILLAR BAR, 6K HID HEADLIGHTS, 12K HID PINK FOGS, PROSPORT GAUGES.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: NEW PAINT!! DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

*error

no img
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: NEW PAINT!! DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Post by fowljesse »

Even without pictures I'll give my opinion; I don't like when the hood doesn't match the paint. I think people can get away with it with Carbon Fiber, but for me, and if you want it to look JDM, I would advise against painting the hood a different color than the body.
Even though I'm getting a CF hood, I'm going to paint it gloss black like the rest of the car, and I opted to get a full Fiberglass hatch instead of CF wrapped for the same reason. I want it to look like it came from the factory.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: NEW PAINT!! DARE TO BE DIFFERENT w/PICS

Post by mikeinaus »

second that one. whenever i see a car with a diff color hood/panels i cant help but thinking they f'd up there original and had to get a mismatched part from the wreckers.

i like the 350z blue as well as that brownish grey on that civic and subaru. some people have similar brownish grey in there work logs and i think that color matches the mx3 perfectly. im hoping to go similar one of these days.
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

thats guys appreciat the honesty
keep em coming!
any ideas?
personally im kinda tired of seeing reds n yellows
tryin to find something new
JDM MX-3 KLZE 2.5 W/ HEADERS, SHORT RAM INTAKE, FIDANZA FLYWHEEL, STAGE 3 CLUTCH, SHORT THROW SHIFTER, NOLOGY HOT WIRES, PAINTED AND POLISHED ENGINE, WHITE W/BLUE PEARL PAINT, ENKEI RPF1s 9.5lbs, COILOVERS, B-PILLAR BAR, 6K HID HEADLIGHTS, 12K HID PINK FOGS, PROSPORT GAUGES.
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

LOVE all those colors except the second car from the top. Here here to the different colored hood comment. Sorry... don't care what super material it's made of... it looks stupid!
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

black hood's started way back in 60's. Mostly Mopars used them. AAR Cuda is one example and there's plenty of others. You could order it that way from the factory.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

My favorite is the blue. It looks like you're into the muted colors, by the rest of them, which is cool, too.
My least favorite is also the moss 240.
I think the MX-3 would lok really good with a Pearl.
Yeah, Mitmaks, I think it started with stock car racing. The hoods were so huge that they would blind the drivers. just like nowadays, the street cars would imitate the race cars.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

When i get my car painted the only 2 colors I was debating were between a 350zish blue (or a rx7/rx8 blue) and black.

So do like!
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

defo the 350Z blue...on the WHOLE car. that's just IMO though, do whatever the puck you want to your own car :2thumbsup:
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

If you wanna be different then paint your car something like this:

A MX3 in this color would look simply amazing and I have yet to see it done, honda guys are all over this color. Follow the trends
puromx3

Post by puromx3 »

haha thanks guys
looks like so far ppl goin for the 350z blue
but for some reason the jade green metallic on the acura rsx (pic 4,5) seem to be pulling me also. wut u guys think? would it make the mx look clean?
as for this last honda color
i dont think it looks bad its actually pretty cool but for some reason i cant picture my mx in that color (at least that shade of green)
or i would get tired of it real quick and want to change paint again.
but keep em coming and ad pics of ur favorite colors if u want. go crazy. i want full feedback.
thanx i appreciate any opinions.
(note: im no longer going for the black hood..same color all over.)
Last edited by puromx3 on February 26th, 2010, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

personally i like the s15. maybe a bit darker but not by much and i think you would have it
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Don't do this color. :throwup: Haha

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

thats the color i was gonna do :). stole it from your worklog. it looks so nice on the mx. i probably wont ever get the cash for a new t paint job so you dont have to worry anytime soon.

Return to “Appearance”