transmission swap automatic to manual wiring problem??

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
ckysk8ercky2k

transmission swap automatic to manual wiring problem??

Post by ckysk8ercky2k »

I just swapped my automatic tranny with a manual tranny and am wondering what each sensor on the manual tranny is for and which is which. there are three of them and one of them matches up with a plug that goes to the car. the other two sensors have different color wires than the automatic does and im not sure what plug each one goes to... ive tried to look up wiring diagrams and cant seem to find anything...

- just thought of this. would the sensors on the automatic fit in the manual? then i could just swap the sensors and be done...
thanks!
Newfie_dan

Re: transmission swap automatic to manual wiring problem??

Post by Newfie_dan »

If the tooth count of the speedo gears are the same then yes you can swap the gears and use the stock wires, on the manual trans you have 2 sensors, the backup and speed sensor and neutral switch, in order to make the car work you will need to bypass the neutral safety switch to make the car work and wire up the backup sensor to the neutral safety switch for backup lights. FYI this has been covered extensively before in the transmission section.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: transmission swap automatic to manual wiring problem??

Post by Ryan »

small correction. Neutral switch is a cruise control thing ONLY. the ignition relies on the starter interlock switch, found on the clutch pedal.

the reverse switch operates the reverse lights.

Check the online manuals to see which is which.
http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”