mx-3 4cyl DOHC remove speed governor ?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
gxser
antispam: No

mx-3 4cyl DOHC remove speed governor ?

Post by gxser »

i was just wondering if i can do this i can only get a buck 80 and seems like it can go more still lots of rpm left???
mx3sohc

Re: mx-3 4cyl DOHC remove speed governor ?

Post by mx3sohc »

I hope you mean 180km/h, which is approx 110mph. In my sohc I touched 120mph at one point in time on a slight downslope. All stock with a fart can.
gxser

Post by gxser »

yes 180 km/h and it was on flat road and i have 17 inch wheels bone stock either than that i could of gone faster but would like to find out how to remove that governor i dont care if its ilegal :lol:
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I wasn't aware we had one... I thought we either maxed out on power, or fuel.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I don't know if anyone will tell you. You are not doing that on the drag strip... lol, we all know that. So, there is no reason you need to go any faster on the highway.
gxser

Post by gxser »

haha yea im an outlaw lots of country roads and always been a speed demon i dont really care if i cant get more speed the car looks sweet its all done up nice but engine wize can be upgraded i was either thinking a turbo but not worth it if it can only get 180 my seconde choice is sell my car get a v6 and klze swap the b---- :lol: but i like the 4 bagners kinda gutless but good cars to beat on
mx3sohc

Post by mx3sohc »

Um if you turbo the 1.6l youll be able to do more than 110mph, I dont think there is a governor. Its just how fast your 88hp or 110hp (To the crank mind you) engine can push the car. Personally in my GS with a ZE I have done approx 145mph and that was as quick as I wanted to go.

But as far as performance for the 1.6l you can swap in a BP which is a 1.8l.
gxser

Post by gxser »

ya i figured so im just gonna keep my 1.6 for a winter beater. and get a gs and get a klze :P i just wanted to know if ther was a governor or not its not a big deal still fun to drive look up on you tube mx-3 burnout i have that blue car just roosting them dummiess hahahaha
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

pfffffft, boost the b6. I'll have over 200 at the wheels when I'm finished tuning. I don't want to seem like a prick.. I've tested the limits of the stock setup more than once.
gxser

Post by gxser »

what do you have a dohc 4 bagner aswell ? what kinda mods are you doing to get 200hp @ the wheels , ive been told to boost it aswell only advantage of doing that is the weight difference of engine , im debating on what to do modifie something with 200k or get an motor from japan with only 50 to 80k on it
mx3sohc

Post by mx3sohc »

I at about 240whp and its not that great...yet. I figure about 340whp itll be pretty quick.
gxser

Post by gxser »

lol in a sohc what the hell you have in there to get that kind of hp lol 88hp to 200 300 hp i think its kinda pushing it
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

check the log. Not saying there is anything wrong with the BP.. but you have choices.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=69074" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx3sohc

Post by mx3sohc »

SOHC is my daily driver lol, I have GS 2.5l thats makes a phhhssssssss noise when I let off
gxser

Post by gxser »

nice project you got going on there bud :) so that list you got up there thats how much you put in so far to get to there ? did you desing your headers yourself? your getting me jelous lol i wanna do the same thing now hahah how much hp do you think will come out after your finished im kinda stocked to see this run when your done you should bring it to castrol raceway this summer in edmonton maybe ill have mine done up in time to race against you hahahaha and again nice work dude

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”