K8 under power( pun not intended)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Posey24
antispam: No

K8 under power( pun not intended)

Post by Posey24 »

So a buddy of mine had a buch of those make ur own intake pieces by Specter from autozone. I put it all together it looks pretty but it seems like my low end pwer. Particularly in 1st and 2nd lowend. But my mid to hi in all has noticable pick up. Any thoughts as to why any fixes. If u need more info ask. I know the lil vaccumline that was on the air box isnt capped or anyting. I have one of those cute lil nreather filters to put on it. Thanx for any and all help

Ps where do i get body parts or a reference as to what other cars i can use bod partS off of at the junkyard partivularly exterior door handles and sun roof motor
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: K8 under power( pun not intended)

Post by Mnemonic »

Ok 1st search, 2nd search, 3rd try searching, 4th search some more and 5th and finally search.

You didn't bother viewing the main site, didn't bother viewing the faqs and failed to even search.
I mean honestly you didn't even bother looking up any information yourself, why in the world would you expect some one to help you?

But just so you know, Cold Air Intakes typically increase hp in the higher rpms where short ram intakes generally give you more torque/hp in the lower rpms.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

we need pics.
Posey24
antispam: No

Post by Posey24 »

Search u say. What? Search. Did u say search. Lol i know how to search but im at work on my itouch limited capabilities there as well as the time to sit here ans search. Which i have no problem by the way im a big kidd jus looking for help its just i dont have the time. Thanx fir the lil help i did get :P
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

We get in this argument with a lot of people with less than 20 posts.

Do we have the time to search for you? Maybe if you paypal me $20/hour I'll find the answers for you.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”