no start

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mccabe

no start

Post by mccabe »

ok so this week end i started my swap i pulle the old motor out swaped my PS,Alt,disty,and ac bracket, and hoocked the egr up to block the hole in my headers.(not the o2 ones).O2 sensors,got the flywheel resurfaced instaled my clutch and bloted up the old tranny. hooked up all my sensors besides the one that gos all th way to the oil pan my DE didnt have one, but durin install i broke the to plugs to the EGR solenoid valve but im just usin it as a blocker but i hoocked up the one the EGR it self (mistake?) the stater is allready grounded to the tranny so i hoocked up the positve and the middle clips to it should there be a cable on it. And on my fuel line(inlet i belive) never heard of this on other swaps but it had a round sylnder thing that looks like its a filter to me. and im still runin the k8 ecu coouldnt get a kl02 one from pick and pull for the last couple weeks but i got the kl02 vaf still and usin it. but when we went to start it it didnt crank it made a tick noise and then one of my tranny grounds started to smoke. any ideas
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
mccabe

Re: no start

Post by mccabe »

took the starter out and it woulkd spin out the gear wouldnt movce out only spin
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires

mccabe

Re: no start

Post by mccabe »

oh yeah and my nock sensor conecter didnt match so i cut the line and swaped the one from my k8 yo match conectors but if i secewd up on wiren it would it prevent my car from starten it should its about time as long as i have fuel ans spark it should start but not run that great

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”