MX-3 BGB?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
erixon

MX-3 BGB?

Post by erixon »

Hey guys, do we have a BGB around online somewhere? I have been thinking lately of just keeping my mx-3, and not parting it out, and fixing it for the winter so I don't have to drive my Corolla this winter. I know there is BGB's for my corolla and gt-4, I don't know about this though.

I have become a lot more confident in working on my own cars lately. This winter I bought a 1990 Corolla GT-S with a 3S-GTE swap in it, which wasn't really done that great, so it forced me to get in there and learn and do some work. Now I am confident enough to take on most tasks, provided that I have something to go from/ask as many questions as it takes. I have a 96 RS, It needs some body work, and it needs some motor work.

The last time I drove it she was spewing out smoke real bad on start up until about 4 or 5 minutes it seemed to subside. SO that has to be addressed. I was going to trade the car for a beat up old corolla alltrac sedan, and then I am thinking, wtf what I trade something that needs to be fixed for something else that needs to be fixed.... lol
Redline322

Re: MX-3 BGB?

Post by Redline322 »

If the car is smoking for like 5 mins after starting, it sounds like valve seals. You can try some oil additives first and see if they'll soften up the seals enough to reduce it, but it's pretty common now that these engines are getting old.
93 323 Bp'd, Front and rear strut braces, Mx-3 seats, JDM headlights and grill SOLD
93 Mx-3 GS Curved-Neck KLZE, 5 speed Conversion, Fidanza Flywheel, Cross Drilled Rotors
erixon

Re: MX-3 BGB?

Post by erixon »

Hey, how do I line up the cams properly if they have been taken out? I suppose maybe a set of miata cams would work well too... but its just going to be my winter car, so I guess its not really super important.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”