ze questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mccabe

ze questions

Post by mccabe »

1. were do you get the 80A urathane for the mounts? napa?

2. i cant find were my crusie will hock up on my ze rigth side cause of the RHD part

3. my car has a/c but it needs to be recharged so when i do the swap can i disconect the lines? and then swap it over?

4. i have read through the v6 fourms and have read alot about running rich and haveing fuel problems so if i install a new fuel pump a 255? and a fuel preuasre regulator solve this.

5. should i get m7 flywheel resurefaced? or leave it? its the k8s

6. this is not for a while but whats my best be for standalone for a ze and nos MS seams hard a cost $$$$$ gready maybe heard alot about them with supras
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
mccabe

Re: ze questions

Post by mccabe »

225*
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires

ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

the adjustable fuel pressure wont solve the richness no matter what because of the ecu were using i installed a air/fuel controller to and got it running very good, and for flywheel id either get it resurfaced go spend a couple hundred more and get the fidanza its a amzing flywheel i used the apexi safc and she worked beauty
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

mccabe wrote:1. were do you get the 80A urathane for the mounts? napa? Not sure. I know it's been discussed lots on here. If you find the name a Google search should fix you up.

2. i cant find were my crusie will hock up on my ze rigth side cause of the RHD part. Tee into any available vacuum line. The tees are like a few cents at the parts store.

3. my car has a/c but it needs to be recharged so when i do the swap can i disconect the lines? and then swap it over? If you disconnect A/C lines you will wind up inhaling refrigerant...and dying sooner than you would have otherwise.

4. i have read through the v6 fourms and have read alot about running rich and haveing fuel problems so if i install a new fuel pump a 255? and a fuel preuasre regulator solve this. Turning the fuel pressure down might help, but it's not the right way to fix the problem and totally defeats the purpose of installing a higher output fuel pump.

5. should i get m7 flywheel resurefaced? or leave it? its the k8s Get it resurfaced. Even if it looks pretty good, it will chew up your new clutch much faster if you don't.

6. this is not for a while but whats my best be for standalone for a ze and nos MS seams hard a cost $$$$$ gready maybe heard alot about them with supras. SAFC was really popular with the 4cyl guys a few years ago, but I think MegaSquirt has taken over. The guys on Probetalk basically have answered every ZE related question there is for MS. Tonnes of support over there for that product.
Hope that helps a little.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You get the proper 80a from McMaster-Carr, P/N: 8644K11, but I don't believe they ship to Canada.

My experience and for what I've seen with a KL31/KL36 ECU is that they run lean, mine did anyway. My Probinator ran rich, which I believe most run, and I think the DE VAF/K8 ECU runs slightly rich as well.

If you get a 255LPH fuel pump, don't get the high-pressure version, because it'll blow your stock pressure regulator. I ran a 255LP with the stock regulator for 4 years/100'000kms with no problems.

Of course you'll need a new clutch with a ZE, one that will handle the torque (plenty of thread on recommended and not recommended flywheels), but if you read the instructions that come with it, it'll typically say that if you DON'T resurface the flywheel, your warranty will be void. It may cause you're new clutch to wear faster or just won't grab properly and slip.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

ok i didnt mean to sya "turn down" my falt just to keep the presure even ive herd of the psi droping on top end thats why im getting a fuel pump but i wounder if the AFPR will help

what can i use to fill my mount but i wont something really strong and can get here in calgary?

wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Find a store like Fastenal that carries 3M products. There must be a 2 part silicone that you can get easily.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

does the hei mod help with power cause if my k8 had i done cause it needed it will my kl i dont think so but? and is better or worse

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

There haven't been dyno results, but my opinion is that the HEI mod with external (MSD) coil wil give you a few ponies..
It is designed to recharge quickly, for 8 sparks per revolution. With 6 sparks, it should have a stronger spark at high revolutions.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

ok so heres what i got. so im reusing k8 tranny new clutch probley stage II resurfaced k8 flywheel chipped k8 ecu home made CAI ebay headers with pipeing 2 1/4 filled mounts(still looking for filler) all new fluids and basic stuff am i missing anything

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”