best way to wire

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mccabe

best way to wire

Post by mccabe »

so im about to swap in a klze into my gs and i wont to know what is the best way to put on the harness before or after its in? and any tips to wireing it. :shrug:
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
Newfie_dan

Re: best way to wire

Post by Newfie_dan »

you don't need to swap the entire harness just extend a few of the wires. If you are swapping the entire harness then engine out is easier just make sure you know what goes where and know that the dash is going to have to come out. If you research the klze swap then you should have no problems finding info on the wiring end of it.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You don't need to extend anything. I didn't...I believe most don't. Everything on the block is in the exact same locations as the K8, the only thing you may possible need to be creative on is the vacuum lines if using a different IM, but it's just vacuum lines.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I had to extend my IAC line and my knock sensor (knock sensor was on wrong side of engine, but I could have switched it if I removed the manifold)
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

i konw this isnt the sam question for this forum but how about ac i know thaT I keep the old compressr easy to do?
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

There are 2 different compressors for the KLZE I found, I dont know if it changes in years on the mx3. I know my first ZE that went into my 92, the compressor didn't quite bolt up. The 2nd one fit fine though.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

you don't remove your A/C compressor from the car. just unbolt the 4 12mm bolts that hold it to the bracket bolted to the motor, and swap bracket over to ZE motor, then once motor is back in car bolt the compressor's 4 12mm bolts back up the bracket.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

Gyea, unbolt the thing and hold it up with duct tape or speaker wire or whatev u have. As far as wiring. Tip for wiring: Use wire loom everywhere when the motor is out, it is easier; you'll be glad you did as it will look way cleaner. Check your local car stereo shop for enough wire loom.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold