Turbo on Stock B6

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
TMP39

Turbo on Stock B6

Post by TMP39 »

ok so i pulled my eninge the other day to rebuild it, and i wanna put a turbo on it. now how much can the stock pistons take? my buddy works in a machine shop and hes gonna do all of the machine work, and hes said he'll port n polish and port match it for me. now what i wanna know is what kind of a beating can the stock pistons take and if they cant take that much which ones should i get put in it? and no i am not going to do a bp swap. and yes im going to redo the exhaust, get a better fuel pump and regulator. and yes ive searched and cant find anything
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Turbo on Stock B6

Post by Ryan »

DOHC or SOHC?

I think lots. ~30? Thats with a perfect tune, and most likley race gas. All depends on your tune :)

Also, how long do you want it to run?

wiseco makes some good pistons. Eagle rods are popular too. Not sure what the weak link in the B6's is. They seem overall pretty solid.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

I ran 9psi for a couple years on my b6 SOHC, it held it fine, but towards the end, I started blowing oil out of the breather filter on the valve cover, alot of it :lol: . :shrug: ....I am in the long process of overhauling the car, going with a BP-turbo setup. :mrgreen:
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

its the dohc. and i havent the slightest on how to tune it
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

There are a lot of variables that come into that equation. The cast pistons in both the B6 DOHC engines and BP DOHC engines can hold upwards of 400+HP IF it is properly tuned and detination is kept away. I've done 300+HP on NA BP pistons and 400+HP on B6T pistons no problem. The weak link in these motors are the rods. The limit is around 400-450HP for 10,000ish miles before they fail from cyclic fatigue...again, provided detination is kept away. I also know that the stock B6T valve train is good for 8000rpm. :wink:

Detination WILL KILL ANY moto virtually no matter how you build it!!!!!

I HIGHLY recommend Wiseco Pistons and Pauter Rods for extreme power builds. For those not looking to go more than 400ish HP on a 4cyl I'd look at something like the Carrillo A-Beam Rods...recipricating mass robs LARGE amounts of HP!

The biggest problem in these cars is the drive line. :welder:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

ok, im havent gotten the head off yet, probly doin it this weekend if the weather is nice, im in canada ya no lol. but im really trying to understand how to feed the oil into te turbo. like do i need an oil cooler and an oil pump for the turbo or can i just put a T into the oil sensor or whichever sensor i pulleed out of the back of the block. and have that be the oil feed and just get a fitting and weld it to the oil pan?
Nomad_69er

Post by Nomad_69er »

Where in Canada do you live? I have all the turbo parts you need...I live in Winnipeg, my turbo MX3 was rear ended and written off last year...I have a full custom intercooler kit that's a bolt on kit for it....all custom made! PM me if interested!

Return to “Forced Induction”