Gs 5spd swap

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
cstott282

Gs 5spd swap

Post by cstott282 »

I have a local guy that wants to buy parts off me for his 5 speed swap into his SE, i have a Gs for a parts car , i just wanna make sure i have all the parts he is going to need for the 5 speed swap, i know that the clutch pedal assembly, Transmission, Shiftlinkage+shifter,
The axels are needed right?, also how about the dash harness or engine harness, or ecu? if someone can help me with a list of s--- that is needed i know its a lot. i need to figure this out today or tomarrow so i can get him his parts thanks guys.
1990 protege lx-RIP
1992 Mazda 323,(BP swap JDM'd out y0!) ..sold.
1993 Mazda MX3 GS,(KLZE swap) RIP
1994 Mazda Miata ... project boosted!
1992 Mazda Mx3 GS, project clean daily driver
BlackMazdaMx-3

Re: Gs 5spd swap

Post by BlackMazdaMx-3 »

Axles are needed also the clutch master and slave cyl with lines. Dash wireing is not needed. The auto ecu also works just fine. I just finished a mtx swap on my brothers 1993 GS SE. And you have to wire the clutch switch in its a black with blue tracer wire on the auto trans harness and needs to be ran to the clutch switch which its the bigger switch on the clutch pedal then back to the black with red tracer wire at the auto trans harness. Or you can just take the black with red tracer and black with blue tracer wire and hook them together and the car would be able to start regardless if the clutch is pushed in or not. I would recommend wireing it in tho. I have not took the time to do the wireing for the reverse lights yet but it shouldent be to hard. Hope this helps.

Troy
93 Mazda Mx-3 rs,BP-T swap,22psi,custom fmic,Custom 2-1/2 downpipe with external dump,2-1/2in downpipe back exhaust,Tuned with Megasquirt on E85,Mazda protege G-series transmission,GS rear disk brake swap,H&R lowering springs,corksport front/rear strut tower brace. Dynoed at 300hp and 330tq Mustang dyno, 8.5@87mph 1/8mile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3139490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

93 Mazda Mx-3 GS,BP swap. Daily driver
93mx-3boy

Post by 93mx-3boy »

I am also doing the same auto to 5 speed swap as we speek and i have no clue now how to hook up the revurse lights i got everything else working but them dam lights!! dose any one on here know how to hook them up and if so can you tell me how please
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

There are two switches on the bottom/front of the tranny (I think, I've never worked with this exact tranny) one is a neutral switch and one is the reverse switch. Make sure you get those connectors.

Ah, here

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... J2-012.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “Transmissions”