B6-T manifold + turbo inside B6 DOHC ?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
chickchaser

B6-T manifold + turbo inside B6 DOHC ?

Post by chickchaser »

Hi all,
after a long long search, i've found some manifold + turbo from a B6-T 323 GTX.
It's supposed to be installed into a B6 DOHC Mx3 '97.
I need your help guys, what else am i supposed to change ? ECU ? Fuel Pump ?!?!... Clutch !?!?!?
Thaaanks ! :)
JWMotorsports

Re: B6-T manifold + turbo inside B6 DOHC ?

Post by JWMotorsports »

Yes it will...but you will need to add an oil feed, oil drain, water feed, water return, intercooler, blow off valve, larger injectors, larger fuel pump, some fuel controller or stand alone, clutch, larger exhaust etc...

Another option instead of using the B6T manifold & turbo you could have a custom turbo manifold made and flanged for what ever turbo you want to use and put it anywhere you want it. PM me if your interested in going this route.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
chickchaser

Post by chickchaser »

Ok.
My question is about the fuel and ignition management. I'm supposed to put some fuel controller, but what about the ECU ? Is it supposed to be changed too ? Can i put the stock GTX one ?
nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

I have everything you would need to add a turbo to a stock 94 1.6.
I had installed it all for my dad but then decided to pull it when my wife started driving his car.

a RRFPR is pretty much needed to trick the stock computer to run more fuel but if your replace the computer ou might not need a RRFPR.
you need larger injectors and fuel pump
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Don't take this the wrong way but a rrfpr alone is a half @$$ way of doing something and it doesn't trick the ECU into doing anything! Your talking about an adjustable rising rate fuel pressure regulator...all it does is raise the fuel pressre by the XX:1 ratio corrisponding to boost pressure.

Ex. using 4:1 rrfpr

0" Hg = 43.5psi of fuel pressure
1psi boost = 47.5psi of fuel pressure
8psi boost = 75.5psi of fuel pressure
16psi bst = 107.5psi of fuel pressure

So...as you can see your fuel pressure gets rediculous real quick! As fuel pressure increases your fuel pumps volume of fuel it can deliver decreases...most fuel injection pumps have a DRASTIC drop off after 60-70psi. This is a really good way to run lean (or burn up a pump) because your going to need a hella fuel pump volume to work...their are pumps out their designed for this...such as the Accel DFI p/n:75709 that I'm using in my drag car (rated at 110GPH....or about 416lph @ 60psi and has a constant working pressure limit of upto around 100-110psi). There are some sites on the internet which dippict the flow vs. fuel pressure in a chart. The other negitive effect here is the likely hood of bursting the OEM rubber fuel lines and also increasing the chance of fuel rail knock which can damage injectors and fuel pumps over time.

What you need for fuel is at least the B6T injectors (provided they are the same impedance range as your stock injectors or you could burn out your OEM injector drivers) w/ a piggyback fuel controller such as the APEXi Super-AFC and a Wahlbro 255lph fuel pump. This will allow you to do minimal work to get the car running well with the stock B6T turbo using your stock ECU...the S-AFC tapps into & modifies the injector signal sent from your ECU with out your ECU seeing it.

Yes the GTX ECU could be used but you'ld have to remove your entire subharness (ECU to Engine bay wires, ignition, MAF or MASS, etc...) and then remove and install the GTX's which is going to be a LOT of work and more limiting than the above mentioned method. You'ld be litterally removing and swapping ALL the GTX engine control components into your car....if you want that much work just buy and install a full stand alone EMS!..wich is the best way of doing this anyway and can yield 20+HP gains over the above methods.

Ignition can be retarded and left where it needs to be at peak power in 5th gear pull where detination isn't present...that is the cheap way of doing it. Other methods involve a boost timing master of some sort which retards timing acccording to boost pressure. MSD and Accel both make devices for this...again you're better of just getting a standalone in the long run. MSD's is the 6BTM ignition system and Accel's is a combo of the 300+ Digital ignition system with the 275+ controller and a GM style MAP senser in the appropriate range of boost you'll be running.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Forced Induction”