HEI mod + MSD wiring harnesses?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Gods Father

HEI mod + MSD wiring harnesses?

Post by Gods Father »

I was thinking of maybe trying to have a company make the HEI and MSD harnesses so you can just plug them in and go with it...nice and simple...would anyone buy them? and for how much?
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: HEI mod + MSD wiring harnesses?

Post by fowljesse »

I thought about putting it out there that I could make them, when I saw someone wanting to have it made, but he was disappointed at the final price (and that was just the cost of parts, and $20 for my labor). I don't imagine that a company would be able to make it at an affordable price, since they would have overhead costs. Since it takes someone who has done it before about 2.5-3 hours to do, it would be at least $25 in labor (if they only made $10/ hour), on top of the cost of hardware. It's about $32-$40 for the HEI stuff, and, of course much more with a good coil, about $80-$90, and that was the prices when the write-up was made. It's $5- $15 more now, depending where you get the parts. I try to not get Chinese made parts, so they're slightly more (and more reliable). I can get you a solid quote, if people would want it. I make stuff for the MX-3 community because it's a hobby, and makes people happy, and don't really make money from it.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”