KLZE'ing my 30x - Have got the engine in need a little help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RX8SE3P

KLZE'ing my 30x - Have got the engine in need a little help

Post by RX8SE3P »

Hi guys, take a look at the pics below and you can see I have put a straight neck ZE into my Eunos 30x (right hand drive mx3). All is going ok so far but I have a couple issues with the straight neck manifold. There's a few vacuum lines and whatnot on the K8 IM that are different or simply just not there on the ZE.

If anyone has done a straight neck swap, can they take a picture in the highest resolution they can and send it to me?

I'll also post some pics of spots I am having trouble with.

Also - this is important. I originally thought I had a OBDII car because it's 1995 and I swore the ECU had 4 slots on the back. I seem to be wrong. There's 3 slots. Also only two O2 sensors in the car. Pics are also below. This is OBDI isn't it?

Thanks heaps

1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Dragyn Vyrus

Re: KLZE'ing my 30x - Have got the engine in need a little help

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

For the time being you can check out my work log: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it has some pics that might be able to help you out i think that those might both be for the brake booster, but i'll check and take some pics for you tomorrow for you when i get a chance.

and on another note, i want that engine! its sparkling! wish i wasn't so lazy and cleaned mine up before i tossed it in :lol: lol
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Thanks mate, will check out your pics. And yes it's for the brake booster I think. Mine is on the other side tho as I am right hand drive. If you could get some high res pics for me that would be great. I might have to PM you for some more stuff though hehe. Some more vacuum lines and whatnot are kind of not finding their place lol.

Btw thanks, my dad painted up the valve covers and intake for me, wish the internals of the engine were a little cleaner though. There's a bit a sludge and whatnot. Hopefully it will run fine!
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Hey in your thread you used the K8 throttle body right? I am trying to use the ZE throttle body but it's kind of not got the same amount of pipes and whatnot coming out.

Do people just use their K8 TBs? Or am I just tripping out and you can use the ZE TB?
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

OBD1 and yes brake booster hose. Didn't your engine come with it's own throttle body?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Yep def OBDI, both my cars are 95, one with ZE, both OBDI.
That's the brake booster, straight neck should have a port that size on it, just might need longer hose.
The straight neck ZE TB will work fine. Just make sure you chip your ECU or get kl31/36 for correct running.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Thanks guys, yeah there is a port on the other side of the IM that is the same size, I am assuming it's for the brake booster as well.

My ZE does come with it's own TB. Just not on yet. There are some vacuum lines near the TB and IM that don't have a place to go. I will post some pics up after work today.

Thanks for the help so far :)
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Ok there's so many different pipes and stuff.... but I'm slowly figuring some stuff out. Found out some more plug locations but I want to confirm here too.

First up this is what I think is the break booster vacuum port. It's on the other side compared to the K8 IM. Image

So that might be one easy hose out the way.

This one is joint on the ZE as you can see. But there's two separate plugs from the K8 that go into it. I might just take it out and copy what was on the K8 IM. The plugs are in the exact same spot.

Now there's also this little bracket thing that was mounted on the back of the K8 IM. Here's a pic: Image

There's two plugs from the wiring loom that go to it. There also seems to be vacuum nipples on it. I can sort of half a-- dodgy it up and mount it to the back of the ZE and put the corresponding plugs in it.
Last edited by RX8SE3P on October 23rd, 2008, 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
poppsy

Post by poppsy »

here you have a pithure of my straight neck klze:
http://www.garaget.org/?car=60659&image=1081103" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mazda Mx3 KLZE 2,5 L v6. Probinator chip, Exhaust.

http://www.garaget.org/?car=60659
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Thanks poppsy. But do you reckon you could take any new high res pics of around the throttle body, air filter side?

Does anyone else want to comment on some of the pics I showed?
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
poppsy

Post by poppsy »

RX8SE3P:

Yes, i can do that this week.
Post them here when I have done that.

RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

No need to worry mate, I got it all figured out. Got my ZE started up for the first time last weekend. :P
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
poppsy

Post by poppsy »

nice =)

WaaX

Post by WaaX »

Now there's also this little bracket thing that was mounted on the back of the K8 IM. Here's a pic:
Those are the VRIS solenoids if I'm not mistaken, EGR solenoids look the same but if it's a klze then you wont have an EGR.

Here is a picture that I snagged from my local librarys car repair website thing, might clear things up.
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... iagiw7.jpg
14.985@92.54 MPH

Red 93 MX-3 GS, KLZE, 5 speed, Act clutch, short throw shifter, HEI w/blaster 3 coil, PIAA ultra white headights, CAI, Apexi Dunk muffler w/2.5 inch cat back, Avital alarm, dark tint, Sony Xplode 52x4 head unit, Clarion speakers in the front, Pyramid 6x9's in the back, Volfenhag 2000 watt amp, 3x crappy MTX 10 inchers.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”