[GI] MX3 Traction Bar Bulk Buy

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
hppwdn

[GI] MX3 Traction Bar Bulk Buy

Post by hppwdn »

I've been working with the guy who makes all the MX6/Probe traction bars (janz99 on probetalk) to make a set specific for the MX3. The design is very similar with only a few minor differences. I got him to send me a set to test out so we could run a bulk buy. We've got all the details worked out and the finished product is great.

I'm handling all the bulk buy stuff on MX-3.com because I spend a lot more time on here than he does. All of the payments will go directly to Ryan (janz99 on probetalk). Good news for a lot of people here is Ryan lives in Canada. I know a great deal of the MX-3 population lives in Canada. This should save a lot of time for you guys.

Some of you may remember my howto post on the traction bars awhile back. It has detailed pictures and a full step by step installation guide.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=66296" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These things work great and have been a long time coming for the mx3. The details for the bulk buy are below.

Bulk Buy Item(s):
These bars bolt to the control arms and frame with an adjustable tie rod. This places tension on the control arms eliminating wheel hop and improving traction. The bars will be made completely of mild steel and will come bare without any coatings. There is however an option for powder coating (BLACK ONLY) for those who would like to have them coated.

The brackets for the bars have been laser cut, and bent in a custom forming die. The brackets are made as one piece, welded together to form a VERY strong bracket that will not flex or fatigue. You could stand on the brackets without flexing them.

Installed Pics:

Bulk Buy cost per item:

0-8 sets = $325 USD per set
9-15 sets = $295 USD per set
15+ sets = $275 USD per set

Powder Coating - $30 USD

Special information:
Once we get 5 people in on the bulk buy I'll give you guys the go ahead to send in deposits. Remeber to add the 5% MX-3.com donation to all payments.

A $100 deposit is required from anyone wanting to purchase a set of traction bars. Once the deposit is made, materials can be ordered and fabrication will begin. Your deposit is non-refundable!! The balance owing will be paid when the bars are to be shipped out. I will give everyone 5-7 days notice, so they can prepare the funds.

Payment Options: Paypal, cheque, international money order. Anyone who wishes to pay with paypal will have to add the 4% paypal fee to their order.

Shipping Instructions: The bars will ship out using Canada Post, they have been the best company for shipping out international orders. Every item will go out with a tracking number and will be shipped 5-7 buisness days. Shipping will be calculated and added onto the balance owing at the time of shipment!

This bulk buy will be open for 30 days starting from today. The lead time on the bars will be 6-8 weeks after the bulk buy is completed. This will give plenty of time for fabrication.

Ready to order your traction bars?

If you want to pay using paypal, please send your deposit of $104 +5% USD to Djanz2@shaw.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Then send me a PM with your FULL name, shipping information, and your paypal account information so i can link your MX-3.com screen name with your paypal account.

If you would like to pay with a cheque or international money order, please send me a PM requesting the payment mailing address. Material will not be ordered untill all cheques or money orders clear.

If you have any questions about anything, PLEASE dont hesitate to ask, pm, or email me!!

Interested Bulk Buy Participants: (this will become the deposit list once we reach the min needed for the bulk buy)
Nd4SpdSe - Paid in Full
tehbrookzorz
RS_OBD'oh_2
mx3autozam
tehbrookzorz - Paid in Full
mx3stylez - Paid in Full
flyer - Paid in Full

Deposits will be due 30 days from the time I posted this thread. That will make them due by October 4th. Once the deposits are all in I'll update everyone individually with the shipping costs and final amount due.
Last edited by hppwdn on November 20th, 2008, 10:08 pm, edited 13 times in total.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
Nd4SpdSe

Re: [GI] MX3 Traction Bar Bulk Buy

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Since it's a GI thread, I'm going to say that I'm, but I'm not going to send the cash quite yet.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I already got the approval to run the bulk buy, but I'm leaving it as gauging interest until we have the minimum amount of people needed. I don't want anyone to send money till we have enough interest to make the bars. I added you to the list of interested people.

The last one on probetalk got 19 people, and that was the second time they did it!!
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I'm interested. I've been overspending for the last little bit so it might be a few weeks before I'm able to start sending funds.
Cody
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I'm probably in. ME HATE WHEEL HOP! Arrg :freak:
What part of Canada are these being made?
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Manitoba I think. I don't know Canada too well, I live all the way down in South Florida. It seems we test all the stuff he makes down here.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I like the idea of removing wheelhop. I like it a lot. On the other hand, just so I have some perspective, how much will this mod affect my cornering ability?
Cody
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

tehbrookzorz wrote:I like the idea of removing wheelhop. I like it a lot. On the other hand, just so I have some perspective, how much will this mod affect my cornering ability?
I've daily driven them on my mx-3 for quite awhile with no issues cornering. They don't restrict up and down movement of the LCA at all. They are designed to reduce wheelhop, and they preload the LCA's front to back movement. Similar to the way solid LCA bushings would, except these are adjustable to whatver level you'd like them at.

I see no problems in cornering at all, but if you do any heavy autocrossing you may want to ask some autoX people if they have any tbar experience. The idea behind these was to reduce wheelhop on hard launches.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

I'm interested. Put me down!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Yeah, mark me down too.
Cody
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

is there any chance we can have a template made up where the holes need to be? In my experience, if you make it idiot proof... they'll build a better idiot. I would like to reduce my chances of being that idiot.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

The template is the bracket. You bolt it in thru the hole you're reusing from the ball joint. Then you drill the hole for the second hole where it lines up. The hole you drill is there to prevent any unneeded movement of the bracket under heavy loads. It doesn't need to be in an exact location as long as you can put both bolts thru.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Since we've got 5 interested people you guys can go ahead and start sending in your deposits.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

BAM!
Cody
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Deposits will be due 30 days from the time I posted this thread. That will make them due by October 4th. Once the deposits are all in I'll update everyone individually with the shipping costs and final amount due.

tehbrookzorz - I confirmed your deposit with Ryan. Did you want your bars powdercoated?

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”