[FS] '94 MX-3 RS 5-Speed

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
DJGypsy

[FS] '94 MX-3 RS 5-Speed

Post by DJGypsy »

EDIT: 8/31/08 SOLD TO MAGICCOWINUSE. awaiting payment and vehicle pickup.

edit: 9/5/08: vehicle picked up and payment delivered.

edit: updated 8/18/2008, 7:15a

Well, the time has come for me to move on. I'm selling my first set of wings. gotta make room in the garage for a motorcycle.

1994 Mazda MX-3 RS, asking $2500 firm. Accident free to my knowledge. Car is solid. For example, since 3/2007: took a road trip to Kentucky and back with no problems, Orlando to West palm beach and back with no problems, many trips from Orlando to Clearwater and back with no problems. Currently driven about once a week on a 40 mile highway commute with no problems. avg 25/35 mpg.

PM me with offers. no paypal or checks. cash money only (this is only to weed out the dead beats). I'm in Orlando, FL.

Purchased in 5/02 for $3800 USD from private individual with 86k miles, in Clearwater, FL. They had beat on it pretty hard, but i put her back together. Read on...

HAVE ALL PAPERWORK FOR EVERYTHING ON THIS CAR FROM THE TIME I PURCHASED IT. EVEN HAVE A GAS LOG TELLING THE CAR'S LIFE STORY.

Basics: car needs nothing! just gas and go!
White
cloth interior
pop up/sliding sunroof
tinted windows
currently 181k miles
Waxed regularly, original paint is still silky smooth
Kenwood am/fm CD w/ kenwood/pioneer speakers
55 watt driving lights
14" lightweight wheels
Clifford Alarm
driver/passenger all weather floor mats, have original carpet mat for passenger side
all switches and accessories are fully functional (replaced driver's side window switch panel summer 2007)
Garage kept/covered since 3/2007

!!!!! Goodies included with sale of car !!!!!
car cover
original 14" alloys w/ tires
OEM springs
Ractive front strut tower brace

Engine Mechanical: (Have all paperwork from Maztech about everything ever done, will give to new owner)
Oil changed religiously every 3k miles or 3 months w/ Mobil 1 10w-30.
Engine completely re-built from oil pan to valve cover by Maztech in Tampa, FL in 10/2003 @ 115k miles
re-build included: completely re-built cylinder head, new valve guides, new valve seals, pistons were knurled and re-machined, new piston rings, honed cylinder bores. every gasket replaced: cam seals, crank seals, distributor o-ring...you get the idea
Runs like there is no stopping it, just add gas and check the oil every 1000 miles (burns about a half a quart ever 700-1000 miles but no smoke)
Ebay cold air intake
No valve tick
ACT street clutch
Cold air intake
new primary cat 9/2006
High flow secondary cat
Vibrant wide open resonator
stock muffler
new(er) radiator (2/2005)
water pump & timing belt replaced in 3/2007 @ 175k miles
new shifter linkage bushings
new battery summer 2007
a/c inspected, blows ice cold
a/c blower motor replaced in 3/2007

Suspension (upgraded in 9/2005, have all paperwork):
H&R Springs
Tokico HP struts (blues)
KVR cross drilled rotors
KVR carbon fiber pads
tires have about 75% life left on them (falken ziex 512, 185/65R14)

pics below...don't mind the dates. the car still looks the same, because it's cared for. (read: washed/waxed regularly, covered, garaged, maintained, all that)

Last edited by DJGypsy on September 9th, 2008, 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
-Dan
(SOLD) '94 RS, rebuilt B6 DOHC engine & cyl head, ACT clutch, e-bay CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust, wide open resonator w/ stock muffler, H&R springs, Tokico HPs, front strut tower brace, KVR drilled rotors w/ carbon fiber pads, Falken tires, Impostor lightweight wheels, Kenwood & MTX sound.

straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: [FS] '94 MX-3 RS 5-Speed

Post by SuperK »

Hey, it's going to rain, like, two years ago...

I was wondering, what did you do to the headlights, as they look significantly different
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

SuperK wrote: I was wondering, what did you do to the headlights, as they look significantly different
see this thread

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... &sk=t&sd=a&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

some hooligans decided that it would be fun to hurl vegatables into traffic @ 2am when they broke into a roadside produce stand. the rest is history.
-Dan
(SOLD) '94 RS, rebuilt B6 DOHC engine & cyl head, ACT clutch, e-bay CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust, wide open resonator w/ stock muffler, H&R springs, Tokico HPs, front strut tower brace, KVR drilled rotors w/ carbon fiber pads, Falken tires, Impostor lightweight wheels, Kenwood & MTX sound.

DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

bump to the top
-Dan

Spotted

Post by Spotted »

Have any pics of the interior? What's it look like inside?
:welder:
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

Spotted wrote:Have any pics of the interior? What's it look like inside?
i will post pics for you tonight, but here's some verbage:

interior plastic is perfect. no cracks. always armoralled & used a sunshade. brealy noticeable warp on front dash near base of windshield.

interior carpet is perfect. always used floor mats and kept muddy people out.

headliner has one small blemish, looks to be from a cigarette. took two years of owning the car before i saw it. i never smoked in the car, seller told me they didn't smoke in the car, car
doens't smell like it's ever been smoked in.

no funny smells inside.

front seats are good shape for their age. no tears. mild fuzzing in seat bottom area (where your butt goes, 14 year old car, remember). always used seat covers, kept them washed regularly (i'll include them in the sale if buyer wants them)

back seat has one split seam, about 4" long. easily fixed with a darning needle and thread.
fabric of back seats is practically perfect due to lack of back seat passengers.

seatbelts are clean. no blemishes. show typical wear for 14 years of use.

front seat sliders and forn seat backrest tilt both fully functional. back seats fold down
like they should, latches hold back seats in place when upright.

ractive drilled aluminum pedal covers on clutch and brake pedals. silver color.
previous owner beat the stock ones up, and theyneeded to be replaced. i have the matching gas pedal cover.

Trunk is clean. no spills or blemishes.
mild carpet fuzzing in floor from a single 12" subwoofer box being there the entire time i owned the car. trunk light works like it should.

i made a cargo cover for the trunk. fabricated from curtain rod, currogated cardboard,
black spraypaint and black shoestring. works great. i built it for the car the weeked after i bought the car.

spare tire never used. jack and tools are all clean and in fully functional condition.

instruments are all fully functional (speedo, tach, temperature gauge, gas gauge, etc)

wipers are fully functional (all intermittent settings and speeds)

climate control system and panel is fully functional. fan is fully functional (replaced with refurbed unit in 3/2007) climate control backlights stopped working in 2005. the indicator light still lights up when it's button is pressed, but the light that illuminates the symbols on the switches doesn't work. i hope that makes sense. i suspect a loose wire, as there is more than one bulb that illuminates that area, and all fuses check out.

rear defroster fully functional

sunroof is fully functional in both vent and slide modes.

dome lights work just fine when you push their respective buttons.
sometimes they don't come on when a door is opened.

Clifford Alarm does its job protecting the car. will give buyer two remotes and two keys. alarm doesn't fully unlock or lock the doors, i think the motor that the alarm controls to lock and unlock the doors is funny. passenger door lock still locks & unlocks when you manually move the driver's side lock. basically the alarm just protects the car. you still have to use the key to unlock & lock the doors, or use the door lock manually with your hand. you have to hold the handle when you close the door from the outside for the lock to stay engaged (mazda made it this way).

that's about all i can think of at the moment.
-Dan

DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

okay, here we go. more pics as promised. i suck at photography, so bear with me.

where she sleeps

open driver's side door. this photo has been adjusted for brightness and contrast to show more detail.

driver's seat, with seat cover pulled back

dash/front cabin

looking down the dash, pardon the dust. blue arrow points to small warp in dash.

from drivers side, looking at passenger side

immaculate carpets as promised

back seat

broken seam in back seat (easily fixed)

mystery cigarette style burn in headliner behind the driver's head, near sunroof opening

trunk. amplifier in picture not included with car.

spare tire well. on my honor, that is NOT rust under the tire. that is dirt.

engine (not in picture: ractive front strut tower brace)

close up of wheels

ride height at rear of driver's door, for perspective

undercarrige, from rear

suspension bits: H&R sport springs, Tokico HP struts

tire life

rear hatch

front

set of four stock wheels to be included with purchase. just need to be cleaned. no curbage or damage.
tires are rather poopy, they will get you around, but don't expect fantastic things from them.
-Dan

npspears

Post by npspears »

You've got a nice vehicle there. I hope it goes to a good home.
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

npspears wrote:You've got a nice vehicle there. I hope it goes to a good home.
me too man, me too. i'm gonna miss my go-kart.
-Dan

hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

You should keep it till october so you can bring it to one more Flyrtle. :D
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

hppwdn wrote:You should keep it till october so you can bring it to one more Flyrtle. :D
heh. that's a nice thought, but i hope to have it sold before that. you know anyone who might be interested
in buying "the little engine that could"? lol
-Dan

DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

bumpity bump
-Dan

magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

:rant2: ............i'd probably be all over this, but Illinois to Florida is quite a haul...PM if u could work something out.
1994 1.6L White MX-3 - Daily Driver
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

magiccowinuse wrote::rant2: ............i'd probably be all over this, but Illinois to Florida is quite a haul...PM if u could work something out.
PM'ed.

we'd have to find out about the necissary paperwork for an out of state sale.

the rest is just logistics :D
-Dan

DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

SOLD to magiccowinuse.

awaiting payment and vehicle pick-up.
-Dan

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”