performance chip

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
xAllan-Jamesx

performance chip

Post by xAllan-Jamesx »

hey guys i was wondering if this will help any for my car, do you think it will add more performance to the engine but tweaking the ECU?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93-94 ... otohosting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1996 MAZDA MX-3 1.6 dohc
1988 JEEP grand Cherokee
2001 FORD Focus SE engine rebuild in process
onlytrueromeo

Re: performance chip

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Waste of money, don't buy. It's just a resistor.

You can't add performance/fuel efficiency from anything but a piggy back or standalone engine management system, FPR or other EXPENSIVE pieces.

CAI's also don't add HP contrary to popular believe, but they will make your car sound better, and might help a little with throttle response.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

You cannot add significant horsepower by "Optimizing" fuel curves. A genuine fuel mapping tool is designed to add or remove small amounts of fuel at each RPM to perfect the usually imperfect factory fuel map. This thing doesn't even do that. It simply adds resistance to the VAF signal to trick the ECU into injecting more fuel than it normally would. It forces your engine to run rich which will add a few HP in some areas (most noticeable at low RPM where the factory map on most cars is leaner for low consumption at idle), but it adds the same resistance at all RPM so where it may be improving the air/fuel ratio at some RPM it's really screwing it up at others.

There are devices like the MAP ECU, which eliminates the VAF altogether and uses Mean Absolute Pressure at the intake manifold to determine the precise fuel delivery required at any given moment. In motorcycling there is the Power Commander which intercepts engine sensor inputs and tells the ECU how much fuel to deliver. It allows you to manually create the fuel map at 500 RPM intervals for given throttle positions.

Bottom line is you can't make horsepower, or ever a really specific tune of your engine for $15.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
xAllan-Jamesx

Post by xAllan-Jamesx »

alright thanks guys i wont pick it up.
1996 MAZDA MX-3 1.6 dohc
1988 JEEP grand Cherokee
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Aww man, I was going to say, "buy like 3 of them and daisy chain them. They're all the snizz"
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

for sheezy, i hear a few of dem bad boys tag teamed with the electric supercharger is off da hook :freak:
ImageImageImageImage
xAllan-Jamesx

Post by xAllan-Jamesx »

those electric super chargers are nothing but a aqua fan ahha we amde one to see if it worked and it made the car run werse
1996 MAZDA MX-3 1.6 dohc
1988 JEEP grand Cherokee

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”