How do you get the most MPG out of a MX3 with a ZE?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
neli_nael

How do you get the most MPG out of a MX3 with a ZE?

Post by neli_nael »

yea....how do you? :D
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
Nd4SpdSe

Re: How do you get the most MPG out of a MX3 with a ZE?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Good maintenance/tune up
New O2 sensors
Well inflated tires/lightweight rims
A good ECU/VAF combo
Mx-6/626 tranny
Keep the weight down or even reduce weight
If you want to get hardcore, remove stuff that adds wing resistance like mudguards, lip and spoiler.

Best of all...go easy with the pedal on the right.

my ZE got way better milleage than my K8 did, so no complaints about more power AND better milleage :mrgreen:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
coltfoet5

Post by coltfoet5 »

Well.... if your concerned about mpg, go back to K8. lol. The post right above this hits all the main spots. Make sure you have good ignition and no codes and you should be getting pretty decent mpg. Lead foot is the leading cause to bad gas mileage.
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

coltfoet5 wrote:Well.... if your concerned about mpg, go back to K8. lol. The post right above this hits all the main spots. Make sure you have good ignition and no codes and you should be getting pretty decent mpg. Lead foot is the leading cause to bad gas mileage.
but i want both power and mpg, just wanted to see what i could do to get better gas mileage.
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

You buy a bike to compliment your MX3.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

drive normal, use premium. dont gun it., u can get a good 30 mpg.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If you want to be hardcore about it, check out my worklog. I'm going for a 35mpg, 200 WHP mx-3, and I'm almost there (179HP, and 33mpg), and I have the K8 tranny.
To clarify: The lip spoiler actually reduces drag by a coefficient of about .2, so leave it on. I believe the rear spoiler does create drag, so I took mine off. If you move your mud guards closer to the wheels, they will reduce drag by giving the airflow a smooth transition, so as to not create vortexes. Also, sideskirts help. Depending on where you live, you can cover your grill to varying degrees for more aerodynamics. I don't remember what I put for future mods in my worklog, so I'll put up a list here in a little while.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”