radiator fan doesnt come on with ac

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bdr2k5

radiator fan doesnt come on with ac

Post by bdr2k5 »

i keep hearing that both fans should be on when ac is on. but only the condenser fan comes on. i did some searching and cant find anything, i looked at the manual an cant find a diagram for it. i dont know what to do, if rad fan doesnt come on with my ac, my ac wont work on trafic, only highway.

help its 105 out here!!
93 mx-3 w/ Curved Neck klze
Whisper

Re: radiator fan doesnt come on with ac

Post by Whisper »

Hmm, I don't think radiator fan needs to be on for AC. Condenser fan has two speeds and should provide sufficient cooling. The whole AC system is wired separately from the radiator fan. Only time the condenser fan comes on with radiator fan is when the motor is really hot and radiator fan needs help cooling the motor.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

The aux fan does come on when you push the AC button, same as any other cars. My eclipse does the exact same thing. Disconnect the fan and run negative and positive leads to it to see if the fan is fryied, if its not , check the relays. Relays are always the first to go.

I have my fans wires to a switch .. has the relays have died on me on hot summer days, not happening again.(My usuall weather is 100 and up degrees outside)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I was on line talking to someone once and they said it was 121F outside in Dallas. I looked out my window and it was snowing. Snow can be good sometimes. No A/C required
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”