Flowmaster 60 Series
29%
Megan N1
43%

Total votes: 7

onlytrueromeo

[POLL] Which muffler to buy?

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I've got a ZE I'll be dropping in soon, and I still havn't decided on a muffler. I'm thinking about just getting a test pipe, and new resonator, instead of a cat. converter, because I don't want to pay for the welding.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-94-95 ... enameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't really want to kill the environment though, so what do you guys think?

And I like all 3 mufflers, help me decide which to get!

2.5" piping all the way back, got ebay headers sitting here as well.
solo_ryder

Re: [POLL] Which muffler to buy?

Post by solo_ryder »

I payed like 85$ CAD for my megan muffler and it has held up great for 1.5 years I have had it on there. Recommended
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

The megan and the magnaflow are tied as my top choices. I love the sound your car has, but I don't want my tailpipe to bend down like you have - do I have to install it like that? I feel like there should be more room, but im not too sure, I havn't measured the space.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I have used Flowmaster for years on many cars, and have been very happy. They don't rust, and actually dyno more HP than anything else. I love their sound on a V8, but haven't heard them on a 6. I would trade my awesome sounding MagnaFlow for one.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

onlytrueromeo wrote:The megan and the magnaflow are tied as my top choices. I love the sound your car has, but I don't want my tailpipe to bend down like you have - do I have to install it like that? I feel like there should be more room, but im not too sure, I havn't measured the space.
No, the muffler an be installed anyways u like. I just choose to have the shop bend the pipes like that
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Dude, the flowmaster 60 on my B6 makes it sound like a toy car. It's like little tough guy. It's sooo cute! Wait, what? Cute? WTF?

Anyways... *ahem* lets... ignore that.

Ignore what? That's right, keep thinking that way.

I do love the sound of the Flowmaster. It'll definitely sound probably a bit smoother on the V6 (they sound smoother than the B's in general IMO) so I think it'll sound GREAT. And fairly quiet.

If you want, I can post a sound clip of the Flowmaster 60 in action.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
rece

Post by rece »

I have a magnaflow, and like the sound, but would highly recommend putting a cat on to dampen the sound more, cus mine is too loud. I have straight through with a 18" resonator... will be putting a cat on as soon as I have time. A friend has almost the sxact setup with a cat and it is much much quieter. go figure.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I've had a megan muffler for a few years... I never cared for the straight tip but rather the slanted :shrug: I also had my put to the side just a little - I think it gives it more character :mrgreen:
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

I like the sound Of the Megan Racing N1, It has a very strong deep tone.
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

i don't think you can go wrong with any of the three. but you should get a cat converter as you said yourself...
onlytrueromeo wrote:I don't really want to kill the environment though,...
and also like rece said it'll dampen the sound more. i forgot where i saw this but they had dyno sheets showing the same car with a test pipe, resonator and cat and the only real gain from test pipe and resonator was about 1-2 hp. (i think it might have been import tuner or something like that.)
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”