Who's the biggest Knob on MX-3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Daninski
Supporting Member

Who's the biggest Knob on MX-3

Post by Daninski »

I opened this Post to hear about some mistakes and blunders we've all made. So if you think you've screwed up big time and want to take a shot at being the Biggest Knob on MX-3.com then lets here about it.
I couldn't figure out why three MX-3 GS disties had different firing orders on the cap. Didn't know which one to use. Turns out the numbers on the cap do not represent firing order, just where to put the ignition wires. I'm such a Nob.

Bump
Last edited by Daninski on July 8th, 2008, 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Who's the biggest Nob

Post by fowljesse »

When I first got my car, for a second, I thought it was a 3 cylindar, like a Geo! I looked at the disty, though, before embarrassing myself further.
By the way, you misspelled "Noob". :wink:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
se7en

Post by se7en »

nob? or noob? or knob? :P
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

This is a free country and I refuse to dictate which nob? or noob? or knob? anyone chooses to be!
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fighttillyoudie0

Post by fighttillyoudie0 »

Bought my Mx3 GS a few months ago and i drove it for like 2 months thinking an injector was bad, or a bad o2 sensor, or even clogged cat. i did a full tuneup changed all the fluids, new o2 sensor, was about to buy and injector, when i decided to check out the wires and There was two that were in the wrong cylinders. hahaha i never checked for that because i assumed the person who had the wires in there when i bought it had them in right, so when i put new ones on i just took one out put a new one it, and so on. so yeah it runs nice now. only thing... my window switch broke today!! :oops:

dang car! :roll:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It's not the window switch, it's the EGR.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Hey this is the "Knob" post, keep that EGR stuff outta here. But then again, it could of been his EGR,,,,,, :)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well I dont know about "knob" BUT..

my car has been trough hell and back!!

Car has been destroyed by fire(engine bay)

Engine has been under water(hydro lock)

Car has been daaged by wind(some metal poles fell on it damaging the paint)

Nature has attacked it using animals (rabbits that decide to run towards the car in the middle of the night while on the freeway, also dogs)

Its been attacked by like 4 fat chicks that asked for a ride(car was scraping on the strut bump stops.)

Ive been trough 3 turbos that all failed, ive rewired the while car.

Has had the cursed KFZE engine.. CURSED literally.

BUT its still my car !! and its there :D

Been pulled over for racing(they let me go)

Crashed against my supervisor(he didnt fire me or anything happen to his truck)

both front bearings wore out, rear brake calipers have seized on me, front beating seized.

Had sex in the car with numerous women.(replaced the seats due to ooogly stains and tears)

I dunno what else to think.

I think the only thing that has not happen is my car getting stolen or broken into.. LOL
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Ok I had a nob moment.

SO I'm doing my valve seals alright, so get them all done and I returned the valve spring compressor...

I come home, and there is the lower valve seat ring thing sitting on my bench. but which one is it from!? Haha...so..i go back to get the damn thing and take out the last one I did (At least i knew it was an exhaust one) turns out it was right...

but still...I've rented this damn thing 3 times now...thats like. 400 dollars. but i guess I get it back when I return it. haha.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

I always thought my RS was a V4 but then I got corrected by Ryan on this forum that there is not such a silly thing as a V4 it is called an I4 :P.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Just put a ZE in my 96, engine ran like crap, spent all kinds of time trying to figure out what the problem was. Finally noticed the rh fuel rail cannon plug with nothing plugged into it. Turns out the 96 MX3 O2 sensor monitor is the same plug as the fuel rail plug. Guess which one I didn't plug into. Can't believe I didn't notice the plug was empty.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I pulled my VAF to paint it, then put it back in and tried to start it without being plugged in. I couldn't figure it out for like 10 minutes, and I was pretty ticked, I hate broken cars on date nights. Then it hit me... I'm simply a nob, thats it :)

And I believe we have a thread like this somewhere? the Failed Thread, or something?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
d-bledsoe

Post by d-bledsoe »

This weekend i proceeded to replace the broken timing belt on my new to me MX3 v6. During the install of the new belt i some how cross threaded one of the tensioning pullys that sits just behind the front heads cam. Stripped it clean out. Well crap with out that pully on there i dont get any tension to the timing belt. Luckly a few hours later when i was cleaning up and still cussing out my mistake, i came up with the brilliant idea of retapping the threads with the next size larger in standard size instead of metric. As luck would have it a 7/16th's bolt was next up. I retapped the bolt hole, drilled out the pully to allow the new 7/16ths bolt to fit, re-installed the tensioning pully and i was back in business.

Cant get much more nob then that :lol:

-Derek
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

After spending a good 5-6 days changing my engine for a ZE, I took it for its first test drive and nearly seized it. How? I only added coolant to the overflow reservoir, and not to the engine itself. :oops:

I dunno, I just figured it would suck it up from the tank.

Luckily I caught the needle as it rose to H, but if I wasn't paying attention.... that would have sucked.
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

it took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to take off the rear windshield wiper arm off a 93 ahha
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”