Favorite Video Game?

Off-Topic Discussions
SuperK
Supporting Member

Favorite Video Game?

Post by SuperK »

So I know we're all a little bit nerdy at heart here. Just wondering, what's your favorite video game? And why?

Let me be a bit more descriptive:
By "Favorite" I mean, "Most Memorable." a video game you've played, you can think back on, you can hear music to, visualize and get warm fuzzy feelings of even now.
So think before you answer, will you remember GTA IV 5 years from now?

I have a favorite. A specific favorite. And it's wierd, because not only is it my favorite of all I've played, but I know that no other future game will ever come close to this game.

Mine is: Final Fantasy 7.

Been almost ten years since I've played it and it still is the pinnacle of my nerd-tacular career. If you ask me in ten years, what my most favorite game is, it'll be Final Fantasy 7.

Why? I guess it's the game that had the biggest impact (as far as video games are concerned) in my growing-up years. Emotion, drama, adventure, amazing graphics.
And even though the game killed my most FAVORITE character of all time....

... You BASTARDS. I HATE you, squaresoft! WHY? I mean, out of ALL the characters that deserved to die, you go kill the one that I LIKED? I mean, there's the heckuva-annoying characters that you could have gone and croaked, and the gamers would be like, "oh, whew, I'm glad he/she's finally gone. I can go enjoy the game."
But NO! You have to just OUT OF NOWHERE, bam. Completely non-expectant. Boom, she dead. And all the gamers are thinking :shock: ....... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!!

WTF, where did that COME FROM!??!?!?

Immediately take the controller and VOLLEY it at the screen (thank goodness them old boob tubes were THICK)

Then BITE the controller, try and smash the power button "OFF" in disgust, MISS the power button, hurt your finger, get even more pissed off, hit the power button EVEN HARDER, and even though you successfully turned off the console, you're so frustrated that you hit it ON/OFF like, 12 times more, as if that makes anything better, STOMP TO YOUR ROOM, and with all your RAGE of the INJUSTICE that's just been done to you, you slouch next to your bed and....

.... sob. Sob in all your adolescent immaturity. Shut up, I was an emotional kid, OK?

... then a week later, you pick up the game, play it, think, "This game sucks. It's not the same anymore. Why am I playing this? I feel like it's completley worthless."

then you beat the game, put it away, and exclaim, "HOLY CRAP, that was the best game EVER!"

.... NOT the end. Because you end up re-playing the game, see your favorite character die AGAIN, get ALL PISSED OFF just like the first time, then begrudgingly and unwillingly finish the rest of the game in disdain, beat it again, then stand up and cry, "SO FRIGGIN' COOL!"

... and that's my favorite game. Time to go to work.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
tmac4t4

Re: Favorite Video Game?

Post by tmac4t4 »

BomberMan for SNES :freak:
ImageImageImageImage
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I loved Perfect Dark, it was my first ever video game. N64!! It wasn't even my console. I remember playing multiplayer and putting huge horizontal stacks of remote mines on eachothers faces and running around laughing like the idiots we were.

Later in life, Legend of Dragoon, PS1. It was one of those emotionally impacting games. Kicked a-- too. I think it made me cry once. It also inspired lots of my creativity... Yeah, its pretty sweet....
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Platform/Game:

xbox360 - GTA4/Call of duty/Battlefield Bad Company (i know its not out yet but its everything i've been wanting in a game)
xbox - Black, Sniper Elite
Wii - Mario Cart
Game Cube - Zelda Wind waker
N64 - Golden Eye
Super Nintendo - mario cart/Starfox
Nintendo - skate or die
GameBoy - Tetris
PS3 - Do they even have any games yet
Ps2 - Gran Turismo
Ps - Worms Armageddon
Sega - Mortal Combat
Atari - asteroids
NTV - Dungeons & Dragons
Computer - Eve Online, All Starwars, oh yea Oregon Trail
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Jiggsaw

Post by Jiggsaw »

FF7 forsure
next is super smash bros
1992 Mx-3 GS White
1980 Spyder Monza(Torn Apart ATM)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I was a hardcore nintendo fan for the longest time:

ps3: gta iv (I will love this game forever :love: )
ps2: gta san andreas, black, all guitar hero games, katamari damacy, NFS most wanted, resident evil 4
n64: goldeneye 007, donkey kong 64
snes: mariokart, earthbound, super mario rpg
gameboy: motorcross maniac (first video game I ever played), and although I'm ashamed to admit it, I played pokemon blue ALOT, I think mainly because my best friend had pokemon red at the time :shrug: :oops:

computer: dune and red alert(counterstrike)

I still own all of these systems including a first gen game boy :o LOL
Last edited by Mooneggs on June 16th, 2008, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savin

Post by Savin »

For me, I'd say Gran Turismo 2 on Playstation. I'd sit there and play it for hours on end. To me, it was the best game I've ever played and will ever play. I'd try my hardest to get 100% but the files kept corrupting everytime I got to 33.3%, I have no idea why either. Even with that, I learned that the original version of the game (which I STILL have and play from time to time) can't get 100% completion. The most you can get is 98.6% or something due to a glitch. I grew up on that game, and it is the main reason why I like cars today.

For SNES my favorites were Super Mario World and MarioKart.
NES was the original Super Mario/Duck Hunt double game :mrgreen:
Sega, hmmm...The Sonic 3pack (Sonic 1, 2 and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine) and The lion King. I could never beat that, lol.
N64: Super Mario Kart and Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time.
I can't leave out Gameboy/DS,lol. The pokemon games, lol and Advance Wars. So many good memories with both groups of games.

And for the computer, I'd say Runescape, I played it in my younger years with my friends and still hop on it from time to time. Given the right thing, it'll eat hours of your life away, which is good when you're bored. Stronghold: Legends is up on that list too, I love the Ice giant armies I make, lol.

That about does it. :D
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm not a gamer, but maybe (?) pinball fits the topic.... I used to play Addam's Family all day on a quarter, with replays, and stuff.
When I was in my (very) reckless youth (14-16), I'd go to the video arcade, and play "Stryder" on Alcohol, LSD (& such), while waitng for news about that night's party, or waiting to go to the dance club across the street.

This reminds me.. A few years ago, when I lived in Hawai'i, and drove an RX-7, and motorcycle, and ran a nightclub, and DJ'd at 2 others, I saw a commercial for a game in which you could be a bachelor in Hawai'i, and drive fast cars, and hang out with hot women. I thought "Wow, people pay to pretend to have my life!" :lol:
Right now, I'm in a medical research study that lasts a total of 30 days, for $6,670, so I bought a PS2, and have been playing the Grand Theft Auto series. It's been fun, and helped kill time.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

This is why I love Arcade cabinet :). I play most PC/Arcade/Consoles on it. I thinklast I checked I had ~ 50K games on it.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

guess we could do by-platform favorites:

Atari: Galaxy Wars

NES: Kirby
SNES: Lufia: And the Fortress of Doom (very abstract favorite, but I <3'd it.)
N64: 007 Goldeneye.. I would say Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but the water temple PISSED ME OFF

Genesis: Ecco the Dolphin!
SegaCD: Lunar
Dreamcast: Grandia II

PS1: Final Fantasy 7
PS2: Guitar Hero's

XBOX: Fable

Computer: Starcraft/Oblivion (TIE)
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

BURGER TIME!!!!!!!

*edit* Also metal gear solid
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

The most excited I've got, while playing video games, was when I first got a nintendo. I got the original Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior games. Alot of undone homework.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Jiggsaw

Post by Jiggsaw »

me and my friend beat ocarina of time in one day, the water temple is definatley a pain in the A$$
1992 Mx-3 GS White
1980 Spyder Monza(Torn Apart ATM)
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Virtual On. Except VO:Marz.
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Guess...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Off-Topic”