Bad Fuel Injectors?? K8

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fighttillyoudie0

Bad Fuel Injectors?? K8

Post by fighttillyoudie0 »

Ok well my car is running pretty crappy, low power, slow performance , smells like gas... I replaced o2 sensors, did a full tuneup and I don't know what it could be.<

Well let's see... Tonight I turned the car on and what I did was Pull the sparkplug wires out of the cylinder hole individually. 4 Out of 6 cylinders had an effect on the idle. So my question is; Could the fuel injectors be shot on the 2 cylinders that did nothing?(pulled the wires off individually and engine still ran the same as when they were plugged in,which is rough.) To let you all know all wires have strong spark too.

Does this mean my car is only running on 4 cylinders?? Maybe that explains why it's running like sh*t?...

If it is the injectors would I be able to replace the Bad injectors with Probe GT Injectors?

I know the PGT ones are bigger or whatever, but will they work well in place and amoungst the other K8 injectors?

I looked at the location of the injectors in the online manaul and They don't look very hard to get to or install; Has anyone installed them before? If so is it a easy or hard job?

Ok well sorry for so many questions... I would just like to get my car going better... It's really discouraging.

Thanks in advance.
hgallegos915

Re: Bad Fuel Injectors?? K8

Post by hgallegos915 »

yes it can be. theres diagram somewherre where you can test each injector with a positive line and negative.. just dont fry them.

I had one bad injector once. It was a pain diagnosing it.

On the mazda trining video.. they connect the fuel lines and crank engine and the inj squirt gas.. which is dangerous!

but thays one way if u disabled SPARK
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fighttillyoudie0

Also, If the car smells like fuel, and spark plugs smell like gas could these be symptoms of a leaking injector?
maryus

Post by maryus »

hhmmm same here mate , car runs good for a while and then i have the engine check and the RPM drops a little bit and shakes like when missfiring , and poor power and all those signs of death engine, plus some strange smell in the exhaust , like gas oily,,,

I just changed the spark plugs and the ignition wires, but it did not help, then i have a leak in the intake i suppose ,,,

anyway i am tired , i am trying to put this engine right since like 3-4 months. I give up, i called for a KL-ZE . If i am lucky by next week im dropping a klze in. (my prm jetstream is on the way ;) )

you can put the probe injectors but you will need some more aggressive ecu (cause the probe injectors are bigger)
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze
fighttillyoudie0

Yeah well thats nice you're getting a klze... wish i could afford one right now.

I figured out my problem... When I put in the new wires I took an old wire out and replaced it with a new one and so on(so i would put them in the right cylinders). But the guy who I bought the car from had two wires in the wrong cylinders but i didn't know i just assumed he had them in correctly... I went to check them and thats when i found out 2 were wrong. so I switched them and WALLAH!!

Car runs nice. Just wish my window switch didn't break... now i'm afraid my kenwood stereo will be stolen and some other stuff... i found a switch on ebay but its like $62 bucks!!!

ehh... my birthday is tomorrow.. anyone wanna buy me a gift?!?! :D:D:D:D hehehhe
maryus

Post by maryus »

hahhaha , well .... my wires are good :)

anyway forget about it :) , happy birthday!

and see ya around here
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”