Oil Pan Gasket, or Not??

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
motoroil

Oil Pan Gasket, or Not??

Post by motoroil »

Does the oil pan use a gasket, or not (1994 1.6 stick)?

I've heard both ways, that manufacture'rs spec is to use one, and I've also heard that manufacturer's spec is just to use RTV.

Some shops sell the gasket some don't. Which is it?

Thanks!

Also, is it best to drop the exhaust a bit from where it sits under the pan to get to those bolts, or do you guys recommend leaving the exhaust and the bolts are still doable with it there?
Limegreen mx-3

Re: Oil Pan Gasket, or Not??

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

on all 1.6 sohc and dohc oil pain i remove none use it even the 1.8 dohc oil pan..

u used silicone gasket maker to seal it..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

on my dohc they came with end seals and a tube of rtv
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Spotted

Post by Spotted »

I did mine recently and there was no gasket for the lower part of the oil pan. That was the steel part of the pan. I think it's a 2 part pan because when I was looking for the parts, I needed to replace my pan, I got 2 different prices on oil pan gaskets. One was a tube of RTV the other was the end seals and a tube of RTV.
But, my car is automatic, so, I don't know for sure...
:shrug:
:welder:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”