Cheap Ebay HID Kit

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
neli_nael

Cheap Ebay HID Kit

Post by neli_nael »

Hey was just wondering who out there has cheap ebay HID kits. I was trying to figure out if I should buy those are go with more pricier ones. The cheapest one I found were these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-04-MA ... enameZWDVW
I heard from a friend that they have problems not working all the time and he had to move it around occasionally for it to light up. Anyone with any experience with them? Pics would be nice too.
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
Urbanconcept

Re: Cheap Ebay HID Kit

Post by Urbanconcept »

Try contacting lowridah313 off these boards. I have pics of an HID kit he had on his old mx that he bought off ebay. He might be able to give you the link to the ebay seller's HID kits. From what he told me they were good quality and affordable.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

wouldnt you have overheating problems and melt your stock wiring with this kit?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

looks just like my kit only I got one with HI/LO. Make sure you get an auction with 9004 bulb though! you don't want to put an H4 bulb in the 9004 housing or vice versa!

FYI 8k is gonna be really blue... go with 6k or lower but that's just my opinion though.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Mooneggs wrote:looks just like my kit only I got one with HI/LO. Make sure you get an auction with 9004 bulb though! you don't want to put an H4 bulb in the 9004 housing or vice versa!

FYI 8k is gonna be really blue... go with 6k or lower but that's just my opinion though.
how do you like your kit? was it worth it? any other feedback?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

wow really no one else besides mooneggs?
94 mx3 rs
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

I got the cheap 9004 Hi/lo kit for $100 - it worked great for more than 3 months - then i drove through a flash flood and now one of the bulbs is acting up a little - its not exactly easy or cheap to get replacement bulbs - the seller i bought it from is not responding to emails.
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

shameem wrote:I got the cheap 9004 Hi/lo kit for $100 - it worked great for more than 3 months - then i drove through a flash flood and now one of the bulbs is acting up a little - its not exactly easy or cheap to get replacement bulbs - the seller i bought it from is not responding to emails.
are the bulbs specific to the kit? i didnt really look into that.
94 mx3 rs
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Any of you that have baught HID Kits... Are you happy with the spread pattern?
My HID's shine in the trees, up high... But yet on the road it's not angled out far enough.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

My lighting pattern is not optimal - but i discovered that if i stopped cleaning the headlights then it gets dispersed more evenly on the road. Also i heard that if you get the bulbs that have a metallic cap tip thing for the high/low control then you will have really weird pattern like up on trees and not enough on road. If you get a telescoping kit you probably will be ok.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

shameem wrote:I got the cheap 9004 Hi/lo kit for $100 - it worked great for more than 3 months - then i drove through a flash flood and now one of the bulbs is acting up a little - its not exactly easy or cheap to get replacement bulbs - the seller i bought it from is not responding to emails.
the ballasts seem to be pretty generic so the plugs coming out of the ballast works for almost every bulb type because the connectors are the same coming from the bulb
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Yes but all the replacement bulbs i see on ebay are for single beam - not telescoping ..... There are a few telescoping replacement bulbs - but they cost like $80+ which is bad considering that i got the whole kit for a little more than that.....
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Telescoping? ... What is this?
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

wow this is the first ive heard of hid conversion kits that are relatively cheap. there was one question that i read that wasnt answered and id like to know. "wouldnt you have overheating problems and melt your stock wiring with this kit?" other than that it seems like an okay kit but you get what you pay for.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

No you won't melt your wiring, or your headlight shell.
But note: ... Anything is possible.. lol

The knock off HID kits are cheap... and good. If I wasnt so unhappy with the pattern on our lens i'd love mine. Which, I'd like them even more if I didnt accidently get 1000K... straight blue.. lol

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”