PROBLEM with new intake, PLZ help guys!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
xlr8n_mx3

PROBLEM with new intake, PLZ help guys!

Post by xlr8n_mx3 »

hi, i just finished putting on my new intake onto my mazda. it is a short ram with the filter sitting right where the fluid overflow should be, i plugged the vaccume that went to the lower part of the factory air box, and put i valve cover breather on the bigger line that went to the upper intake. i made a make shift coolant overflow tank for the time being too .

intake in order from throttle body-air filter:
-3" coupling
-3" polished alluminum pipe, 9" w 30digree bend
-3"-3.5" expander
-afm
-3.5" airfilter

ever since installation ive been having these symptoms:
-rough idle
-CEL on and off with acceleration
-AFM hiss (kinda sounds like a super charger 8) )
-idle bouncing from 1000-1500RPM

pleas help, i can't seem to figure out whats wrong!
thnx
1994 mx-3 gs custom intake, 18 inch jewel wheels with nexen n3000 tires, full JL audio sound system custom ice pearl blue paint. in the works custom blitz fb, molded side skirts, custom rb[img][img][/img][/img]
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: PROBLEM with new intake, PLZ help guys!

Post by Custommx3 »

Sounds like you have a vaccume leak.
xlr8n_mx3

Post by xlr8n_mx3 »

thanks for your reply, ill go over my vaccume line in that are again, if the problems presist ill maybe try setting idle and jump 10 and ground? that let me put it into learn mode right?
1994 mx-3 gs custom intake, 18 inch jewel wheels with nexen n3000 tires, full JL audio sound system custom ice pearl blue paint. in the works custom blitz fb, molded side skirts, custom rb[img][img][/img][/img]
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

it could be where your runners mount to the heads, or your TB. Check those.
xlr8n_mx3

Post by xlr8n_mx3 »

i put in the proper coolant overflow again, beacuse i kept on smelling coolant. and my idle was in some serious need of adjustment, since my car is a 94 its odb-I right? :? if my check engine light keeps coming on should i re-set it? or do you think i should put my factory intake back on and wait till i get a code reader till i put it back on?
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

The intake isnt that big of a deal. The stock intake is just tubing and an air box. No big deal. You changing the intake, is nothing. Your just taking out one tube and putting another tube in. As long as you didnt mess with your throttlebody, and you have your MAF still on and plugged in, and no vacumm leaks... It should be fine. The problems your having is not the intake itself, I promise.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
xlr8n_mx3

Post by xlr8n_mx3 »

ya i didn't think it was the intake tube, everything is plugged in the things that i worrie about is the throttly body, i adjusted the sink screw on the top right of the trottly body, thats the idle right? the other thing is i have a breather on the valve cover hoze.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

xlr8n_mx3 wrote:the other thing is i have a breather on the valve cover hoze.
That's a vacuum leak :lol: It's unmetered air past the volume airflow sensor in the intake, so it would cause the symptoms you are describing.
Cody
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

Nope i wouldn't of adjusted the idle screw on top of the throttle body without putting it diagnostic mode before hand.

The breather i also wouldn't of did cause your engine needs air pressure inside to help flow the oil around so i doesn't stay in one spot. The aluminum pipe you put in from the throttle body to the MAF, has to have the two vacuum line nipples on there so you can hook up your fuel pressure vacuum and your air breather between the two valve covers.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Man i'm having the exact same problem.

The CEL comes off, but when I rev the engine it goes away

And I have a strange idle.

But i can't find any vacume leaks.

?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
nycstreetsoldier

Post by nycstreetsoldier »

you guys ming whant to look at your iacv...that culd be your problem...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”