CEL 17 and 24 on an empty tank. Did I run it out of gas?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Robotaz

Post by Robotaz »

Hi,

I forgot that i was very low on fuel and let my girlfriend start the car, leaving it to come inside, while it was on an incline which makes the light come on when it doesn't on level ground. I came outside and the key was on but the car wasn't running. I assumed that it ran out of gas. It will not start. I followed the procedure for priming the fuel system, jumping F/P and GND and turning the key on, for at least 2 minutes, and it still won't start. It's throwing two fuel pressure codes, 17 and 24. I'm guessing the filter got clogged and that I should change it next before I start freaking out. One interesting note is that it tries to start if I leave it alone for a little while. It's almost like the filter is slowly letting fuel past, but when there's a call for much more, it clogs the line and cuts the fuel off. Anyone run into this before or have suggestions?
Robotaz

Re: CEL 17 and 24 on an empty tank. Did I run it out of gas?

Post by Robotaz »

I made three trips to the gas station with my 2 gallon gas can, jacked it level, primed it again, and it started. I don't know why I still get surprised by how technical this car can get, but it does surprise me that running out of gas can be such a pain. At least it's not a diesel. Oh well, just pleased it's not going to be out of commision for months again.
Vanished

Re: CEL 17 and 24 on an empty tank. Did I run it out of gas?

Post by Vanished »

HAHAHA

Low fuel pressure, empty tank...i dunno man, I think you still had half a tank left...

Seriousely man, this isn't a big problem and in no way is this "very technical". YOU RAN OUT OF GAS. and you didn't need to make three trips to the gas station, you needed a litre of gas to get there thats IT
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”