turbo 1.6 dohc

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
bawolvesfan

turbo 1.6 dohc

Post by bawolvesfan »

ok, im confused, is it possible to turbocharge a us spec 1.6 dohc or not.... when i first got here i was under the impression that no turbo kits were available and that meant that it wasnt doable..... after doing a small amount more research on turbo chargers i was wondering if its possible to take various parts from different mazdas/fords and build a kit. why isnt there a guide or anything? maybe a stickied post that answers super basic questions like this?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

There are several options out there... many of which can be found using the search function. There is no "kit" many things you will have to track down and put together yourself.
Come up with a "realistic" goal for HP and performance....
Find the turbo to meet that goal. (no ebay turbo)
Get an exhaust mani (JGS)
find injectors (RC has formulas on their page)
Chose the right engine management for you (no pnp... piggy or standalone)
New fuel pump.
BOV (no fake bov)
intercooler + pipes
upgrade exhaust and get 02 bung
Wideband 02
Boost controller + guage
modify vics butterfly (IM)
clutch
Supporting Member

Re: turbo 1.6 dohc

Post by mr1in6billion »

bawolvesfan wrote:when i first got here i was under the impression that no turbo kits were available and that meant that it wasnt doable
You pansy. Just because there isn't a kit doesn't mean it can't be done. You can have a turbo put on any car.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: turbo 1.6 dohc

Post by monty73741 »

mr1in6billion wrote:
bawolvesfan wrote:when i first got here i was under the impression that no turbo kits were available and that meant that it wasnt doable
You pansy. Just because there isn't a kit doesn't mean it can't be done. You can have a turbo put on any car.
the DOHC 1.6 of the b6t (323) turbo manifold i will bolt in, you can also swap in the b6t but have to cut a hole in the hood or you can do a frankinstein swap..(like jarid) .where u use the bottom end of the b6t & the top end of the b6t from the mx-3. the miata turbo kits wont work, because the engine is backward.

Every one is going to tell you to put in the bpt, but i say why follow the crowd
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com

Return to “Forced Induction”