Traction bars.... a possiable go?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdamx3freak

Traction bars.... a possiable go?

Post by mazdamx3freak »

Im sure a lot of you are wondering what i am right about now and can the pr0be/mx6 traction bars fit on the mx3? well i dont see why not and just think no wheel hope it would be amazing. well im thinking about fabracating my own set and seening how they fit. lmk if anyone else has them on a mx3 or there opinion. Heres the link from mx6.com on the bars ..... http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-other- ... -bars.html
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

oh wow those look cool... wouldn't this fit direct? are those control arms the same as ours?

also I have no wheel hop after I installed my SRD control arm bushings... I can't wait to install the new AWR mounts and SRD engine member mount bushings...
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

I've never seen traction bars that look like that for a FWD Vehicle. There is a big demand for these in the honda communities. They all have a huge bar that connects at the front to the frame rails right behind the radiator and have adjustable links that go to the control arms.

There was a Company called Precision Motorsports that made some for the MX-6 but it was limited and I think they only made about 50 of them. A friend had them on his MX-6 and I believe they would fit on the mx-3. I would like to see a set again and i would grab measurements. Here is what they look like

I think in the mx3 with SRD enegine member and control arm bushings and AWR solid mounts it should do the trick and kill wheel hop. But these bars would definitly help and cut back on some wheel spin.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
93_MX3 GS

Post by 93_MX3 GS »

here is mx3 with some traction bars that a found on cardomain awhile back, looks fairly easy todo mabe!? i duno if its someone on here or not?

cardomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2375603
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I don't see how those bars on Mx-6.com would do much since it's running parallel with the control arm, as well, it's using 2 pivot joints, it would probably work better if the joint in the frame side only pivoted up and down with the CA arm, or if only both did since there should be no other needed movement but up and down, but that bar will flex anyway, if not i'll bend over time. The bar wouldn't probably do much better than a new set of CA bushings

As much as I want traction bars, I dont see those bars offering much to no help and require alot of work to try...They may work if your CA bushings are shot, but if that's the case, they should be replaced instead of spending money on that. Traction bars need to be perpenticular to the control arm (as best as possible) to try to eliminate lateral movement by the control arm. 93_MX3 GS and mx3autozam's are perfect examples on that and use those joints they used on them are required since because of their way of mounting and typically done on an angle, they need to pivote in 2 axis, as well, it's much much harder (if not almost impossible) to stretch a metal rod than to bend it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”