Winter BPT Project

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
JeremyP

Winter BPT Project

Post by JeremyP »

have a 94 mx-3 with a bp thats developed a tick...i was thinkin about doin a motor in the winter and was wondering if theres a guide. would it be easier to build it myself or just buy it?..possible looking for a donor motor if anyones got one too....and tips really would help

thanks guys
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

Build it up! Bp is better then BPT!! Build ur bp for boost!
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

[quote="TREVO123"]Build it up! Bp is better then BPT!! Build ur bp for boost![/quote]

hey man a comment like that can get ya bashed by other BPT owners.

since ya not being boosted know what i mean.

I believe what ur saying but still i won't even go there.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I will ^^^^

Stock motor for stock motor an N/A BP with stock BPT Turbo will make more than the BPT. Proven fact

Stock BPT will dyno at around 155WHP and an N/A BP with BPT turbo gear will dyno about 175WHP.

for newbs, the N/A head has alot bigger intake and exhaust ports as well as it has higher comp pistons. result about 20+ WHP over the BPT. The N/A rods do hold out to about 28PSI too. so dont give me any of that BPT rod crap...lol
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Josh wrote:I will ^^^^

Stock motor for stock motor an N/A BP with stock BPT Turbo will make more than the BPT. Proven fact

Stock BPT will dyno at around 155WHP and an N/A BP with BPT turbo gear will dyno about 175WHP.

for newbs, the N/A head has alot bigger intake and exhaust ports as well as it has higher comp pistons. result about 20+ WHP over the BPT. The N/A rods do hold out to about 28PSI too. so dont give me any of that BPT rod crap...lol
Hey i believe the BP n/a is a hell of alot better than the BPT.

but most other think differenly..

gald to see im not the only one that thinks the BPT is so great.

more like over rated..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
dave0r

Post by dave0r »

na the BP N/A just has higher compression pistons and different cams
so if you turbo it..it'll make more power right away...

BPT motor is 90% the same as BP anways, its just got different pistons and cams, and head inlet ports shaped for low down torque that are more suited to boost all round

but yes...turbo a stock BP and you get more power than a stock BPT
SOLD 1991 Mazda Astina GT, BPT,161 WkW @ 9psi, & 102wkw N/A built motor with LSD
1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4, big brakes, massive power
worked KL-ZE 220whp in the build, possibly for a 323 or MX3/Eunos
Volones

Post by Volones »

OK, I'm a little confused now. Does the BP (turbo'd), or the BPT make more torque at low RPMs? Dyno slips would be nice (or a link to one), but some kind of numbers would be fine too. I'd really like to see how much torque is available between 2k - 4k RPM.
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

this is of my gtr motor at about 13 psi or so.

jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”