Starting problem - need help :)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
michasiek

Starting problem - need help :)

Post by michasiek »

Hello everyone. My name is Michael and I come from Poland sooo... I would like to ask you to forgive me my english - it won't be perfect as yours :)

I tried to look for information on polish MX-3 forums but I didn't find right answers for my problem.. I didn't find any answer though...

Ok so! I own Mazda MX-3 1992 1.6 16v SOHC 88PS and I have problems with starting it.

- When car stays unused for about 5-6 hours or more and then I try to run it I almost always runs at first touch. I have no problems with starting.
- When I turn engine off and start again in 1min or either 30mins car runs also perfectly
- But! when car stays for about 1 hour to more or less 4-5 hours unused but earlier was used I have problems with starting. I'm pulling and holding key in starter to run it but there are problems with it unless I slightly press acceleration pedal. Then it starts and situation comes around.

To sum up.. cold is ok. Hot but just turned off is ok, but warm engine turned off earlier need pressing accel. pedal to run.
Cables for sparks and sparks are new - all NGK parts.

Ehhh I have no ideas where to find the solution so here I am in here :)
Maybe someone have same problem? Or some1 figured answer out?:D

Thanks a lot for everything.
Best regards,
Michael - Europe/Poland
ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005)

Post by ModMX3 - (Carmaster2005) »

Try testing your temp sensor , Maybe try a search for hei , a common temp. related no start problem. I cant really understand what your trying to describe.
Apexi Safc 2 ,Timex Boost-Temp-Oil Gauges, Stage 1 Performance clutch, 8.5 mm Magnacore plug Wires,2.5 inch exhaust, Cold Air Intake , Short Shifter , High temp rotors & Ceramic pads to slow it all down !
bawolvesfan

Post by bawolvesfan »

my car did something very similar and after lots and lots of parts being replaced i found it was the fuel pressure regulator...
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I agree with bawolvesfan it sounds fuel related. I would check your fuel pressure regulator like he suggested, and also the fuel pressure regulator selenoid. The selenoid is designed to help boost fuel on warm engine restarts. Make sure you dont have any vacuum leaks, than check to make sure it is working electrically.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”