wiring harness/2.5 klze computer issue! plz help!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
speedmazda

wiring harness/2.5 klze computer issue! plz help!!

Post by speedmazda »

someone told me that i have to have a different wiring harness then the stock one thats in my 94 mx-3 1.8 gs. or i have to modify the current one? which is correct?i want to use a klze chipped 2.5 computer and i've been told it wil work fine with no modification as well. ive got a klze coming and im gettin a garage to do the swap so any information will help to save me a lot of money.. thanks!
'94 MX-3 GS. Curve Neck ZE-Powered!! Headers, high flow cat, 2.5 exhaust, custom CAI, stage 2 centerforce clutch, dropzone lowering springs.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

the stock harness from the 1.8 gs will work fine for the ecu. It will be plug and play.

klze ecu matched with the je50 vaf ( mass air sensor, stock on the mx-3 gs)

You could get a probinator chip for your stock k8 ecu for less from Ryan Dehoyos (probegtze@hotmail.com)...

If you are talking to the guy on ebay that is selling the xtremthings ecu then you will have to change your je50 vaf to the kl01 maf.. other then that you should be fine...
speedmazda

Post by speedmazda »

so just his computers dont work? so what computer besides the 1.8 one can i use? a regular 2.5 computer? and these chips on ebay can those be installed in the 1.8 computer?
'94 MX-3 GS. Curve Neck ZE-Powered!! Headers, high flow cat, 2.5 exhaust, custom CAI, stage 2 centerforce clutch, dropzone lowering springs.
speedmazda

Post by speedmazda »

what about a stock kl-01?
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

a stock kl01 ecu???? you can use a 2.5 ecu as long as you get the mass air sensor to go along with it.... you can get them out of a probe gt, 2.5l 626, mx-6, millenia.. anything that has the 2.5l klde.. lots of people run a klze on that setup... you stock 1.8 harness will work fine.. it will still be plug and play...
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

a stock kl01 ecu???? you can use a 2.5 ecu as long as you get the mass air sensor to go along with it.... you can get them out of a probe gt, 2.5l 626, mx-6, millenia.. anything that has the 2.5l klde.. lots of people run a klze on that setup... you stock 1.8 harness will work fine.. it will still be plug and play...
speedmazda

Post by speedmazda »

so i have to get the matching air flow sensor. cool... so for now i can run my 1.8 computer at a lower performance level?
speedmazda

Post by speedmazda »

or a kl-31 or kl-36 can be used without any changes i've read. those 2 will work with the je-50 sensor?
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

you can run your stock k8 ecu with you air sensor but you will be running rich... you will have performance loss and the virs points will not match... but it will work.. lots of people do that then get a kl31/kl36 ecu later....

I got one off ebay for 200$ shipped.. kl36 ecu... you can sometimes find them on the board here..... in the for sale section...

or you could go to a junk yard and get a kl01 maf along with the ecu out of the same car and install that on yours...

I would just get the klze ecu and be done with it... its the easy way out and you know it will work great with your motor....
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Kirk95gs wrote:I would just get the klze ecu and be done with it... its the easy way out and you know it will work great with your motor....
that's really the best route... if you try and use the k8 ECU it's going to run like crap at best unless you get it chipped :roll:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”