Breaking into an MX3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Princess*Precidia

Breaking into an MX3

Post by Princess*Precidia »

I stopped by our Student Residence at SAIT here the other day and parked my car in the back where most of the construction workers hang out, and one of them came up and started asking question about the MX-3.
then he mentioned that he saw a TV show a year ago that featured the MX-3 and they apparently said that the MX-3 is the easiest car to break into...All you have to do is bang just underneath the Doorhandle pretty hard and the lock will pop open. Now he seemed pretty serious and told me to watch where i park my car in the city cuz someone might do that...

I havent seen any posts about this and wanted to see if anyone else heard about this, or tried this one their car (i wouldnt, i dont know if it breaks the lock or anything so i decided against it) but is this true??

Or is this fella yankin my chain?!
zoomzoommx

Post by zoomzoommx »

Sounds to me like hes yanking your chain..... but for shits ill try it on my RS/no transmission parts car.. lol i highly doubt it.
Princess*Precidia

yea i thought he could be, but at the same time just the way he was talking about it and TRYING to do it on my car ( i wouldnt let him) it sounded serious..

i guess people should always be careful where they park their cars, doesnt matter if it is the easiest car to break into or not
zoomzoommx

Post by zoomzoommx »

I found it, that guy mistaked a mx-3 for a mazda 3... here read this

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/19/mazd ... break-ins/
Princess*Precidia

HA!!
ud think he be smart enough to figure out the different models..

at least theyre workin on fixing it
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Yep, that was the Mazda 3.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Actually the MX-3 and the 323/ Protege for that matter are easy to break into as well. Without actually explaining how to do it on-line. All it would take is a large screw driver in the right place to break the door handle. Some kids tried to do this on my car years ago but we all found out that lock protectors I installed inside the door not only prevents the uses of a slim jim to pop the locks but also found out that it prevents gaining access via of the door handle as well. Instead of a nice quiet entry they ended attracting the attention my neighbors.

Nothing can be as bad as a late 90' mid 2000's GM/Chevy pick-up. You can pop the lock out of the doors with a hardwood stick and a rock if you didn't have any tools available. Chance are that no one more that 50ft away will hear you either.
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

Where do I get some of these lock protectors? That is how the stereo was stolen from my wife's car, they punched a hole in the sheet metal right under her lock and popped it from there.
No more MX-3.
s1zzl3

Post by s1zzl3 »

Yoda wrote:Actually the MX-3 and the 323/ Protege for that matter are easy to break into as well. Without actually explaining how to do it on-line. All it would take is a large screw driver in the right place to break the door handle. Some kids tried to do this on my car years ago but we all found out that lock protectors I installed inside the door not only prevents the uses of a slim jim to pop the locks but also found out that it prevents gaining access via of the door handle as well. Instead of a nice quiet entry they ended attracting the attention my neighbors.

Nothing can be as bad as a late 90' mid 2000's GM/Chevy pick-up. You can pop the lock out of the doors with a hardwood stick and a rock if you didn't have any tools available. Chance are that no one more that 50ft away will hear you either.
same.. some ppl tried breaking into mine a while back
it looked like they tried to pry the door handle off but failed
then i guess they put a screw driver into the keyhole but jus dented it in
i had no lock protectors or anything but i guess i jus got lucky, they must of been scared off
i tried to imitate wat they did by puting the screw driver into the all the keyholes to try to c how easy it actually was
and i remember the hatch keyhole actually opening up.. it didnt even set my alarm off!
so i had the keyhole shaved.
it may just be mine tho but maybe ill try it at a junkyard or sumthin wen i c an mx
s1zzl3 & s1 Designs 2009
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2312320
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

how easy would it be to break into the glove box?? cuz thats where i lock my valuables if i'm in a bad part of town hahaa... and my sub system i could really care less for if someone wanted to rip out my 100 pound sub box and cut through 8 wires they can go for it
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Hoodzy wrote:how easy would it be to break into the glove box??
It's plastic. How long do you think it will last against a small prybar? 4, maybe 6 seconds?
Princess*Precidia

I actually noticed before i bought my car that someone tried to pop my lock on the drivers side, theres a small dent just underneath the door handle.. .just dented dont know if they actually succeeded...

Also, i dont think i would get the lock protectors, ive locked my keys in the car once to many times, and my AMA guy almost had to use his red brick (that he had stashed behind his backseat) because it took him over 30 minutes to get into my Mx3
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

If somebody wants to steal the stuff in your car... they are going to steal it! Regardless if they pop the locks, or break a window or if your car alarm goes off... :roll: It only takes less that 60 seconds for a quick thief to get everything he wants...
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I had a breakin in my car about a year ago.
They just used a screwdriver or something, and pushed the lockcylinder into the door (just a hole where you put the key).

Looks like a very easy car to get into.

But, If you have something in your car they want, and the locks are to hard, they just break a window anyway.

They actually managed to get the bastard who broke into my car.
They did a search at his house, and the seize protocol was about 40-50 pages with just listings of stuff that they found that he had stolen.
thats a LOT of stuff.

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Hypnoticstoat

Post by Hypnoticstoat »

Sounds exactly like what some basts did to mine a few years back. They got into the boot by removing the locking cylinder and proceeded to help themselves to the bass speaker and amp in there. Im still amazed how they managed to get the thing out of there and how they managed to get it away without being seen as the thing was huge and not very lightweight :? I could live with the loss of my sub and amp because they were only cheap ones anyway but what really annoyed me was this

They popped the lock into the door and when they couldn't get in that way they tried a tin opener approach to the door handle. Made a right mess of the door :( . They didn't manage to get in though, I guess they where disturbed or bottled it because they didn't try to smash the window after doing this.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”