Finding a good quality low priced airintake for a 92...??

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
steckino

Finding a good quality low priced airintake for a 92...??

Post by steckino »

Okay I just bought a 92' Mazda MX-3 (yay!) and... I'm fixing the thing up a bit, that way it'll stand out, but not be entirely tricked out. But lately while searching on Ebay, I have yet to find an Air intake system that is meant for a 92, I only see 93-97.... is there ANY possibility that it will fit on a 92? or is the size of the injector too small or large? Will it fit around the motor correctly, and down into the hole where the air comes up from the front bumper?

Well this is what I can only find on Ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAZDA-MX ... enameZWDVW
1992 Mazda MX3 I4
1995 Mazda MX3 B6D (parts car)
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

92 & 93's are identical.. 94+ are different. Most of those ebay sellers really have no clue what cars are what when they are selling parts. The short answer is Yes that intake will work on your car.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
steckino

Post by steckino »

Thank you!, that's makes me very happy. I have honestly thought about doing this with my car. http://www.mx-3.com/oem/m6.jpg I have the mud guards... but it's on the back of my front wheel wells... :\ Are they easy to move around?
1992 Mazda MX3 I4
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Just buy a set of rear mudguards.. you might be able to get them from your local dealership or you might be able to find ones on e-bay.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

steckino

Post by steckino »

Oh I already have the mud guards, just the person put them on the back of the front wheel wells...
1992 Mazda MX3 I4
93_MX3 GS

Post by 93_MX3 GS »

the front and rear mud guards are different.. you have to get the oem set for back, the front's dont fit...
g0t_slack

Post by g0t_slack »

I just got that intake, and it's sweet.
-=[93 RS SOHC/ 16' Enkei Wheels/ CAI/ - Daily Driver ]=-
-=[93 RS Project Car http://mimx3.com ]=-
steckino

Post by steckino »

darn... okay, so yeah where can I buy a pair?
1992 Mazda MX3 I4
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Ebay or your mazda dealer. On occassion they will show up in the for sale forum.. but not very often.

Tunes67

ll Morgan Mx-3 ll

Post by ll Morgan Mx-3 ll »

Hey.. I just baught an mx-3, V6 1.8L and I have been looking to do it up a bit. I wanted to buy a cold air intake form e-bay, but im having second thoughts about them being any good? Are they any good.. If not where should I look for a diff. intake?? Reply plz... ill be watching lol :D
g0t_slack

Post by g0t_slack »

ll Morgan Mx-3 ll wrote:Hey.. I just baught an mx-3, V6 1.8L and I have been looking to do it up a bit. I wanted to buy a cold air intake form e-bay, but im having second thoughts about them being any good? Are they any good.. If not where should I look for a diff. intake?? Reply plz... ill be watching lol :D
They are for the most part, all the same... I'm not sure about the v6 tho. I got one for my 4cyl sohc, and it's awesome.

They are quite the simple device, so if you needed to make one, that shouldn't be an issue either.
-=[93 RS SOHC/ 16' Enkei Wheels/ CAI/ - Daily Driver ]=-
-=[93 RS Project Car http://mimx3.com ]=-
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

they are all relatively the same, some have different bends in tubing, some are more lightweight. But what you have to watch out for is if your buying a CAI off ebay and the whole set is for say $30, get a new cone filter cuz a bran new good filter alone (K&N) will cost around as much as you will be paying for a CAI off ebay.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
steckino

Post by steckino »

Okay... my day has been ruined by not getting the correct product, instead of getting this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 73125&rd=1
I got this instead....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAZDA-MX ... enameZWDVW

It didn't fit.... go figure...I LOVE EBAY! YAYyyyyyyy...... so yeah I am quite angry now... oh and yeah I hate governors, and plastic tubing.... so I can't put my stock one on anymore.... so I am out of a vehicle even longer.... SO AWESOME.... First the rims now this... damn I love it when companies screw me over!
1992 Mazda MX3 I4
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

The one that you ended up getting will fit. The short pipe connects to the intake manifold and the bendy piece goes from your Air Flow Sensor to your filter which will now be located in your fender.

Geesh you are a spaz.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
steckino

Post by steckino »

My battery is too big... also where can I get a diagram of this? because I really need a diagram so I can work it all out that way I don't feel all alone...
1992 Mazda MX3 I4

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”