wipers not working

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
midrange

wipers not working

Post by midrange »

Hey everyone.

I just picked up my mx3 yesterday, and today i was going through all electrical stuff to make sure all works. I found out that my wipers are not working.

Checked fuse, it was blown. I replaced fuse and it worked so i went to put the wiper switch to off position and they stayed on.. So when i messed with the switch, it blew the fuse.

Are the switches known to go bad? And also, does my 93 have an air bag in the steering wheel, cause if the switch needs replacing, i have to remove the steering wheel... (i think)

Or does anyone have any other ideas what it might be.. Switch makes the most sence to me.
midrange

Post by midrange »

well, i took apart my steering column, disconnected up to the switch and found out it is the switch at fault, so now i'm looking for a used one.. Anyone?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you know that you need a switch then you need to post a [WTB] in the sale/buy forum. It is unlikely that someone is going to reply to this thread unless they just happen to want to help and have a spare switch they are trying to sell. :wink:
GL with the repair.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”