New from the UK and need help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Unicorn

New from the UK and need help

Post by Unicorn »

Hey all, i googled some mx3 forums and got links etc, but this is the only decent MX3 site i can find, so hello from the UK :lol:

as its my first post ill explain a little about me, My names Jon, i work for Mintex/c-tech brakes, aswell as working for them i also retail Mintex extreme pads, i bought an MX3 last saturday, i've previously owned a 323F 2litre V6, which i quite liked, i thought it was the turn of the MX3

here is mine

the front bumper is soon to be changed to something more subtle, probably a standard one with a splitter.

Anyway, i think my coil died, i was driving along after giving the car some abuse. and i lost all power, luckily i could pull up somewhere safe, i checked the fuses, and the injection fuse had blown, so i changed it, i turned the car over and it started, but hung around 300RPM, when i pressed the accelerator, it'd die, after doing this a few times it gave up altogether, i let it cool down, and when you tried to start it, it'd start upto around 250RPM and die straight away :? does this sound like the distributor coil??

also, while buying the external coil mod chip thingy, i came across this, would this fit the 1.8 V6??

http://www.fordprobestore.co.uk/store/p ... ts_id=1563

http://www.fordprobestore.co.uk/store/p ... ts_id=1562

nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

It sounds more like the HEI module I think.
(Ignitor module inside the disty).

Search for Hei mod or something like that here on the forum.
Should be an easy fix (if that`s the problem).

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Unicorn

Post by Unicorn »

yep, thats what i meant, i bought the module yesterday and am making good use of the guide 8)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey have you been to the UK forums? i just found out today LOL wow now we got TONS od mx3 material! and in english! w00
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Unicorn

Post by Unicorn »

no, i cant find UK mx-3 forums :? i found others, like the 323F/protege, which the V6 engines are about the same, other than that, i cant find any MX3 forums
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

http://www.uk-mx3.com/forum/index.php

there you go. You can thank me by sending me 1000.00 us dollars.

just kidding :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Unicorn

Post by Unicorn »

thanks for that :lol:

i might repay you by getting you a discount on mintex extreme brake pads...if we actually do them for the MX3 :lol:

well i got a MSD ignition coil this morning, im still waiting on the new module to wire the external coil, and im still waiting for probestore to get back to me because i have to buy the power tower through western union as im internatoinal :?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”