size of rear speakers

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
golhap27
BANNED Member

size of rear speakers

Post by golhap27 »

what size are the rear speakers? thanks
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

Hard to say some people have different sized ones, as i have 6.5 inch all the way around. Easiest way to find out is to take them out, a couple of bolts and its out...
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
N2daizo123

Post by N2daizo123 »

crutchfield.com has a pretty good list on there that tells the speaker size in cars.
Tropical Emerald 1993

Post by Tropical Emerald 1993 »

read FAQ
N2daizo123

Post by N2daizo123 »

PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

5.25, but with a trim ring that will hardly fit any other speaker and is almost impossible to remove without tearing up. I would suggest a 6.5" speaker and making your own trim rings for attaching it to the cover. You can make the rings from a simple piece of MDF or good plywood. I use MDF b/c it is harder and thus rattles less than other types of plywood.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

There are adapter rings out there for this.. to go from the 5.25 to 6.5 inch. When I had my Kickers installed w/ the new panasonic head unit into my RS, the Car Stereo shop had the adapters in stock.. didnt charge me for them either. Maybe check with your local car stereo shop.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”