MX-3 GS repair manual

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Dalur

MX-3 GS repair manual

Post by Dalur »

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good repair manual for the MX-3. I have tried both Chilton and Haynes, neither have one for the MX-3. I saw one at indigo but it didn't have very good reviews. The online manual is good if you know exactly what you are looking for. It's also nice to have the book in the garage next to where you are working.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

really chilton doesnt make manuals for mx-3's? then i guess mine must be fake....................
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Dalur

Post by Dalur »

Is it MX-3 specific or does it cover other models? The one I saw at indigo covered other models and as I mentioned the reveiws weren't very good. Do you have a book number?
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

ya it covers alot of models. 1990-98.

i dont really use it though, i only use it to understand concepts before i begin a task. where is the book number located?
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Dalur

Post by Dalur »

I'm not sure I just thought there would be one. Where did you pick yours up. I will need to order one, I've tried all the parts place in town.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

i got mine with my car when i baught it, just call up canadiantire or the mazda dealer im sure they might have one.
Dalur

Post by Dalur »

I tried Candain Tire but was looking for a haynes manual. I'll check with them again. Thanks for the info.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

np, but i'd call up a dealership and ask them for a specific manual for just your car. It all depends on what type of work you will be doing, and if you need wear limits or specifications. The more indetail you get the more pricy the manual will become. see if you can get one used. Check out sites like http://www.usedottwaa.com or http://www.kijiji.com. they sometimes have repair manuals on them.
Dalur

Post by Dalur »

I don't think I will be doing anything to detailed. Basics plus a little bit, trouble shooting that kind of stuff. I just bought the car and am having problems with it cutting out on me. Pop the hood wiggle some wires and off you go again. Changed the internal coil and we still have the same problem. I bought the car of a friend and he is working with me to solve the problem. We think it is the wiring harness that connects to the coil, because that was field fitted and now doesn't lock into place. But I can't expect him to be around for everything. I have a few projects that I want to work on and was just thinking that it would be good to have a reference on hand.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

The Chilton (Haynes owns Chilton) one is cheap and covers all basic maintenance. It isn't the best written thing out there, but it will at least make you realize what you need to find out. I bought my copy at Kragen (Autozone, Parts America, etc) so it shouldn't be hard for you to get a hold of a copy.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Why dont you use the one from this site?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

some things dont match up.
Dalur

Post by Dalur »

I have. Biggest problem is that I don't always know where to look, with chilton and haynes I could go into the troubleshooting section and narrow it down some. Once I know where to look then I can print the sections I need from this web site.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

whats your problem? im sure someone here with some knowlade on your subject can help you out.
Dalur

Post by Dalur »

First thing we need to figure out is the car dying on me then, we think we know what it is. The next thing is to get the sunroof working, someone sealed it up so I need info on that. That's later in the summer though.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”