recall on front springs.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
94mx3precidia

recall on front springs.

Post by 94mx3precidia »

hey, ive heard around that there is a recall on the front springs for a 1994 mx-3?

Is this rumor true?
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Not a rumor. Here's the link from the main MX-3.com page. Good place to poke around a bit. :wink:
http://www.mx-3.com/recalls/coilsprings.cfm
Image -Jim
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

It says that they will install guards to prevent the bottom of the spring from breaking. The thing is that mine are already broken, at the top about one and a half coils down. I was thinking that since they are on recall i could get them for free.

Do you think the recall covers the spring no matter where it breaks? Rust pits can develop on both the top and bottom.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I doubt it. The recall was for safety, not a worn out old spring. They didn't say the spring wouldn't get old and break, they said it would break and Maybe puncture the tire.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

ya but the spring isnt that old, well its from 1994 but its not that rusted. The funny thing is that both front springs are broken in the same spot. Ive heard of one spring breaking on a car but both springs breaking at the same spot is a little fishy.
drkwing3
Supporting Member

spring recall

Post by drkwing3 »

I had 180,000 clicks on my 3 and they did the recall no charge.
'94 GS, custom paint, Nex-o 15x7 rims, (got tired of the squeaking) mazdaspeed bushings, tokico-Zx2, ractive bars, khumo 712's ,xm,clarion,B&M shifter, Eibach,K&N, fx lip spoiler
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

i called the mazda dealer ship and they said that all recalls have been done on my can, im out of luck.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

so i called around and no junk yards or dealerships, or even NAPA carry front springs for my car. So i decided to order these springs off ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOMZ-92- ... enameZWDVW

i think that if they dont fit, oh well i can just sell them here but if they do its a plus becasue they are so cheap. im only looking for springs to pass my safety so quality doesnt matter.

Let me know what you think, p.s ive emailed they guy and he said that it will fit the 94 mx3 V6 1.8L GS model.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It is going to feel like you are driving in a tank with those stiff springs and the old tired struts...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

94mx3precidia wrote:so i called around and no junk yards or dealerships, or even NAPA carry front springs for my car. So i decided to order these springs off ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOMZ-92- ... enameZWDVW

i think that if they dont fit, oh well i can just sell them here but if they do its a plus becasue they are so cheap. im only looking for springs to pass my safety so quality doesnt matter.

Let me know what you think, p.s ive emailed they guy and he said that it will fit the 94 mx3 V6 1.8L GS model.
you retard. you might as well cut 3 coilds out of your stock springs and use them the ride will be that bad
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
93_MX3 GS

Post by 93_MX3 GS »

here check out this link, this is why not to buy those cheapo coilovers.,(pix)

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... +coilovers

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”