mx-6 vs mx-3 tranny

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
comish71

mx-6 vs mx-3 tranny

Post by comish71 »

anyone note a difference in the cases of the mx-6 vs mx-3 trannies. i was swapping out my mx-3 for mx-6 and it seems like it just doesn't fit right. externally, there are some subtle differences in the case which probably don't allow the shift rod and stabilizer rod to line up perfectly. i think the tranny is from a 94 mx-6. thanks.
1993 MX-3, KLZE, HOTSHOT HEADERS, CUSTOM EXHAUST WITH WALKER QUIETFLOW, K&N INTAKE, DIGITAL 6, QUAIFE LSD, FIDANZA FLYWHEEL, CLUTCHMASTER STAGE 3, GROUND CONTROL COILOVERS
14.32 @ 95.4mph
Chemical

Post by Chemical »

I had this done by a mechanic and according to him it is a straight swap. I'll point the diiference in gear ratios does make a noticeable difference in acceleration too. At least a second off 0-60mph but you do get higher top speed and better mpg due to 5th giving you 70mph at 3250rpm instead of 3750 rpm
m90daytona

Re: mx-6 vs mx-3 tranny

Post by m90daytona »

comish71 wrote:anyone note a difference in the cases of the mx-6 vs mx-3 trannies. i was swapping out my mx-3 for mx-6 and it seems like it just doesn't fit right. externally, there are some subtle differences in the case which probably don't allow the shift rod and stabilizer rod to line up perfectly. i think the tranny is from a 94 mx-6. thanks.
i also wonder this???????????
Presso_man

Post by Presso_man »

Im doing a KLZE swap very soon and have been thinking about using an mx6 trans, might as well while I have it all out?...problem is ive heard so many different things about mating the two together...hope someone with knowledge answers soon!

Return to “Transmissions”