polishing rims???

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
wvurubberducky

polishing rims???

Post by wvurubberducky »

I am wondering if you can polish your stock rims into like a chrome look finish as in street bikes can do. A few of my buddies that own bikes hav polished frames and stock the bike frames have a silver/gray finish just like our rims. I have read up on polishing strret bike rims and frames but havet found anything about it here on mx=3. I know you use sand paper going to realy fine grat, air plane stripper, dremels, etc. there are tons of methods. But ha anyone ever done this mod to the mx-s yet?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Just to the wheels? It would take Forever. The stock wheels are textured. To make them shine like chrome you are going to have to sand all the way through the texture and then start on the polishing. It could be done with enough effort and time, but I can think of numerous other things that could be done in that time frame that would look good too. Try something smaller first. I tried a valve cover and gave up after a week. I'm a patient person, but that was crazy.
GL though, it might look really good.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

true dat, i attepmted polishing an intake manifold and gave up after a week of tedious sanding, and how difficult it was to get in the cracks, then moved on to a valve cover, and enged up just painting them both, but all the sanding made the paint come out alot smoother so im a bit farther ahead

-ryan
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330

Return to “Appearance”