Sequential Fuel Injection

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Sequential Fuel Injection

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

I understand that sequential fuel injection is the best setup because it provides fuel only on the intake stroke at the correct time for each individual cylinder. My question is what does the stock K8 fuel system do?
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I don't see the injector wiring diagram in the online manual. If I did then I could tell you. If you you trace the wires there are 6 posative inputs according to the ECU diagram. The thing to trace are the grounds. If they're are 6 grounds back at the ECU it is Sequential. If it goes back to say 3 grounds at the ECU it is Batch Fire.

One thing you could do besides looking at a wiring diagram would be to put a very small 12V light on each injector (preferably an LED for lowest amperage consumption). The posative light wire needs to be connected to the injector posative wire. The negative light wire needs to be connected to the injector negative wire. They are cheaply attained at Radio Shack. Once all injectors have a light wired to them you can start the engine. If the system is sequential injection only one light will flash at a time. If it is batch fire then pairs of lights will flash at a time.

NOTE!!! Try this with one LED on one injector to make sure it doesn't burn out the LED. I don't think it will, I'm looking into this and will post a reply stating weather it works or if additional circuit components need to be added to prevent burning out the LED.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

K-series engines are sequential injection
2006 best ET 14.43 @ 96.9mph
93 MX-3 GS-95 Curveneck klze, kl-01 cammed,homemade CAI,HEI module, chipped kl-07 ECU,UDP,KYB GR-2 struts,DropZone lowering springs, Toyo Proxes 4's 205-50-r15
parts to be installed:Turbo hot pipes,T04E/t3 50/63 57 trim, ssqv BOV, hks style 38mm wastegate
the rest of my turbo set up and IPP hp rebuild kit is in the NEAR future
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T

Return to “Forced Induction”