Ever heard of Omnivalves? *pics*

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Ever heard of Omnivalves? *pics*

Post by Spinkx79 »

Just a FYI for everyone on something new and kinda cool, if they actually work:

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701215787

Quote: "Go where no engine has gone before. With these greatly increased torque levels, gas and diesel engines can be idled at much lower RPMs producing enough torque to, idle smoothly, run the A/C, run the alternator, water pump, power steering pump at RPM levels never seen before, perhaps as low as 300 RPM.

With Major City Pollution levels being the worst during peak driving times, when traffic is at its worst. Many vehicles are running at low speeds or even at idle. OmniValves offers a solution to these inefficient low speed and or idle zones. Their "intake valve" automatically adjust to keep your engine operating efficiently. Their "intake valve" will install in most engines without modifications, and in others with only minor modifications. With the increase in efficiency at lower RPMs the minor investment in OmniValves will pay for themselves very quickly and the gains in lower emissions are incalculable.
With the full possibilities of this new technology still no fully known, it is hard to say where it will eventually lead to. Perhaps, 50% lower emissions at low speeds, Idle speeds at 300 RPM, fuel efficiency increases of 30%. This Technology leads to many good things happen in your engine.
No Exhaust gas reversion (exhaust gas contaminating the intake) Higher Intake manifold vacuum's, giving better throttle response and better fuel atomization.
Faster and more uniform Flame propagation, Less exhaust emissions from unburned fuel, Lower Idle speeds"

http://www.omnivalves.com/pic-2l.jpg
http://www.omnivalves.com/pic-3l.jpg
http://www.omnivalves.com/pic-1l.jpg
http://www.omnivalves.com/pic-5l.jpg
http://www.omnivalves.com/pic-4l.jpg
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Anyone know how these work though. I think there pretty stupid. I was reading it on probetalk!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

From the look of them.. offhand I wouldnt install them in a Interference Engine.. might have clearance issues. After reading through the available information.. I just dont see enough valid research and developement to indicate that these would do the job they claim. I am not saying they didnt do the R&D.. but their site doesnt show enough of what they did and I would want to see that before investing in this sort of product. Just my 2 cents.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

Tunes67 wrote:From the look of them.. offhand I wouldnt install them in a Interference Engine.. might have clearance issues. After reading through the available information.. I just dont see enough valid research and developement to indicate that these would do the job they claim. I am not saying they didnt do the R&D.. but their site doesnt show enough of what they did and I would want to see that before investing in this sort of product. Just my 2 cents.

Tunes67
I agree with you. And like mentioned on PT their site doesnt't do them justice with the spelling errors all over it. Would be interesting to see if they take "Rickxx" up on his guninea pig idea.

It is an interesting idea though.

Go to give them kudos for trying to make a new product available to us.
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

what a crock of moose poop, what some peaple will do to part other
peaple of there money.

what they would really do.

Up the CR ratio of each chamber.
imped the flame travel path slowing the burn.

INCREASE VAVLE TRAIN WEAR!
DEACREASE VAVLE RPM FLOAT LIMIT!

peacies of poop!
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Isn't this similar to how the Millercycle motor works?
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

Rather than closing the intake valve at the start of the compression stroke, the miller cycle holds the valve open a little bit longer. Intake gases are basically pushed back into the intake relieving a slight bit of resistance on the motor. This is where the supercharger comes in. The force of the supercharger is able to push the gases back making up for the loss of compression while the valve is open. It is supposed to be more efficient relieving the engine for that split moment. It can also be done without the supercharger sacrificing power for efficiency.
This is a very brief description, pretty much the basics. Somewhere I read about it in much more detail but can't remember where.
93 MX3 GS SE KLZE -- RIP May 1, 2011
14.007 @ 98.46 1.991 60ft -- the only time she made it to the 1/4 :(

92 MX3 GS aka Goldmember - I'm trying to keep the legend going and as always credit to Andy for starting the legend ;)
sc61 currently @ 8 psi, wiseco 10:1 pistons, K1 rods, ported ze heads w/ kl31 cams

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”