who installed ur ze

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
strata g

who installed ur ze

Post by strata g »

hey i was just wondering where a good place to get a ze installed was and roughly how much it will cost, thats the main thing cost, or if theres anyone out their who wants to make a few bucks :lol:
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

stay away from Tiger Japan in scarborough.....they screwed me and a few other ppl
strata g

Post by strata g »

is that where u installed it or just bought the engine
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

both

i went there, dropped off the car, i asked them to show me which engine was going in, and they showed me a ZE (i checked the codes)

then i picked up the car the next day w/ the new engine installed, and that evening checked the head codes again, and they were for a DE! they installed a diff engine than they showed me

took me a month to get them to replace it and ended up costing alot more than it should have
strata g

Post by strata g »

do u remember what u paid for it? i would greatly appreciate it
and also, ill prolly end up going there and tellin them that i know the differences between the engines, i dont think theyll screw me ;)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

strata, take the time to search the Toronto Forum (using search function - that's why we have it) and you'll find numerous posts with lists of places to source a ZE and a few places where you can get it installed. It's best that you are enlightened up front. If this is your first car and your first engine swap that you are very strongly urged to read and read as much as possible on swaps etc.... You'll be better off in the long run and probably much more happier at spending less than you should have by doing it right the first time and not cutting corners. I say this because of the content and the way your question was phrased. It may be to your best interest to find a local REPUTABLE shop that's capable, knowledgable and willing to do the swap. Then afterwards you can return to that shop for routine or other mods when required and they will have a history with you and your car that should prove beneficial in the long run. All to often someone will go to the lowest price only to find it was a botched job and have to end up spending twice the amount to get it corrected by a quality mechanic. Like I said, do it right and do it once and you'll be happier and a little richer for it. g/l
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

I am located in Trenton 45mins east of oshawa, I normally charge $700 for a DE/ZE swap. I can do it in about day. done 5 of them so fare.

I can also source a motor for you if you would like.
Not sure where you are located though
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
strata g

Post by strata g »

yea man, that would be great, ill keep u in mind, and btw im located on oshawa
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

I baught me ze from a probe owner. the motor was Taost...needed ne head gaskets and piston rings and the heads were warped 4thou. I paid $200 for ita nd rebuilt it from the ground up and put it in myself

Thats teh ebst way so then you know exactly whats been done.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”