MAF sensor and ECU in a KLZE swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
*Y*

MAF sensor and ECU in a KLZE swap

Post by *Y* »

Hey guys,

I am planning on doing a klze swap. Where can I get a good maf sensor for cheap. Also will the ecu from a k8 work or can I get a good aftermarket one for cheap? If I have to get an aftermarket one, what are some good brands? Thanks
max kl

Post by max kl »

you can use all engine control parts from the k8 and it will run but not perfectly. if you get the ecm and vaf from the donar car you will be beter off.
i hate to say it but the search function will yeild good results on this subject.
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Yes you can run a ZE with k8 ecu and VAF. It will be just super rich. You can fix that by putting a KL02 VAF from an MX6 or PGT it will amke you run a bit lean. But the car will not guzzle gas and will be a bit quicker. Your best bet is to get a ZE ecu and use the MX3 JE50 vaf. you should be running stoich with that and will have the prope fuel and timing maps for the klze.

Just keep looking around on the forums and you will figure it out.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

mx3autozam wrote:Yes you can run a ZE with k8 ecu and VAF. It will be just super rich. You can fix that by putting a KL02 VAF from an MX6 or PGT it will amke you run a bit lean. But the car will not guzzle gas and will be a bit quicker. Your best bet is to get a ZE ecu and use the MX3 JE50 vaf. you should be running stoich with that and will have the prope fuel and timing maps for the klze.

Just keep looking around on the forums and you will figure it out.

John
Exactly what he said I run a KL-36 ECU & a JE-50 (stock MX-3) VAF its the best combo but K8 ECU will work aswell just won't run as well. Alot of ppl hear say "just use search" but you know you could search for any question & find your answer but if everybody did than nobody would post. + It's better to hear an answer from somebody else right away sometimes. I don't think this was a stupid question. Searching takes forever sometimes.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold