Want to Upgrade?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
MX3Extreme

Want to Upgrade?

Post by MX3Extreme »

Hey Guys, I recentely finished my turbo project with all custom 2 3/4" intercooler piping and i am using a stock GTX manifold and GTX turbo but want to upgrade to a larger turbo and nicer looking manifold but am not sure are my choices ? I have the 1996 DOHC 1.6 and need some advice from the turbo experts. This car is 99% for show so bigger is obviously better but i know you cant put anything larger on the stock GTX maniford and turbo housing so what are my options? Here is what i currently have:

GTX turbo VJ-20
GTX Turbo manifold
2 3/4" custom stainless exhaust
2 3/4" custom stainless intercooler piping
spearco intercooler 30-12-3
aeromotive Rising rate Fuel regulator with all braided fuel lines
Greddy Turbo 2 controller
Greddy Turbo timer
NGK 9mm wires
NGK platium plugs
Greddy Type-R BLOV
Stock Mazda MAFC
Stock computer
stock injectors (need 310 injectors soon enough)
stock internals (for now)

thanks
MX3Extreme
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I can hook you up with a custom manifold and any turbo you like. Check out my car domain page and you can shoot me an email if you like. My email address is jwmmotorsports@hotmail.com

With your size IC pipes you have in place you could use a Garrett GT 3076R like mine or the GT3040R w/ a .63 A/R exhaust housing. My turbo has the .82 A/R exhaust housing and can hit 30psi by a little before 5500rpm. I can fabricate any kind of manifold you like to put the turbo any where you like. Use a Tial 44mm wastegate, unless money isn't an issue then go with the monster HKS GT II 60mm or the Greddy Type CH 56mm and a stepped external dump tube
to atmosphere. If you don't care about spool times or driveability put a GT4088R or a GT42RS on it....but don't expect it to spool unless your spraying it down low :wink: Two 10lb bottles with in the back with a GT42RS under the hood would look flat out SiCk :freak:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Forced Induction”