Horn Output?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
GMGQ

Horn Output?

Post by GMGQ »

If I want to hook up my horn to the car alarm, where do I found the "horn output" from the car?
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

The horn is under the headlights I believe, you gotta take off the front bumper and the headlights to have access to the horn.. I would tell you to connect the wires from the horn to the alarm but im not sure about that part :?..
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Horn location should be on the bulkhead just behind and below the passenger side headlamp. It should be completely accessable from underneath the car without having to remove the bumper or headlights.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I'd recommend replacing it with something a bit more.... intimidating.. ;) But thats just me :D

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
93_MX3 GS

Post by 93_MX3 GS »

Tunes67 wrote:I'd recommend replacing it with something a bit more.... intimidating.. ;) But thats just me :D

Tunes67

HORNBLASTERS.COM???? HEHE HAVE U CHECK'D THE VIDZ..TOO FUNNY!!

Hey i have a mx-3 alarm wiring diagram with the location of the wires if yur intersted let me kno ill email to you,,i used it to hook up my alarm , werks perfect..
Mazdaspeed96743

93_MX3 GS wrote:
Tunes67 wrote:I'd recommend replacing it with something a bit more.... intimidating.. ;) But thats just me :D

Tunes67

HORNBLASTERS.COM???? HEHE HAVE U CHECK'D THE VIDZ..TOO FUNNY!!

Hey i have a mx-3 alarm wiring diagram with the location of the wires if yur intersted let me kno ill email to you,,i used it to hook up my alarm , werks perfect..
Oh my gosh that hornblasters thing blows my mind very interesting..

You mind E-Mailing the wiring diagram to me? Sounds interesting, I wanna try =) (sent my email to your pm).
Mazdaspeed96743

Any success GMGQ? By the way thanks for the wiring diagram 93_MX3 GS :).

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”